Top 5 Water Parks in Southern California
Southern California is full of warm weather and water sports galore. It is no wonder why some of the best water parks are found in Southern California. With a large population and sunny days, Southern California offers the prime environment for water park fun.
Below is a list of the top five water parks in Southern California.
1. Knott’s Soak City – Associated with the famous amusement park, Knott’s Soak City is one of the largest water parks in the country. There are actually three of the Knott’s water parks in Southern California. You will have your choice to visit either the location in Orange County, Palm Springs or San Diego. No matter which location you choose, you’re bound to have a wonderful time on your vacation. There are many attractions while visiting the Knott’s Soak City. Among these attractions are the roller coasters and water rides such as the La Revolution, Rip Tide, Screaming Swing as well as the Wind Seeker. The smaller children can also enjoy Camp Snoopy, where there are activities and adventures for the younger children. Park cabanas are available for rent while the park offers too many water slides and rides to count. It is no wonder why Knott’s is one of the best water parks in Southern California.
2. Raging Waters – This is the largest waterpark in Southern California, located on fifty beautifully landscaped acres in San Dimas, California. This waterpark has at least thirty-six water slides and attractions. Raging Waters boasts the famous Flowrider. The Flowrider allows riders to ride atop a surfboard or boogie board in an attempt to successful surf. Another hit at Raging Waters is the Dark Hole, a water slide that takes place in complete darkness. Among the many attractions, you will also find the Dr. Von Dark’s Tunnel of Terror, the Amazon Adventure, the Bermuda Triangle and the Thunder Rapids. No matter what your tastes are from the milder rides to the thrill rides, there is sure to be something for everyone. This is a great place to visit either for a water park vacation or just for the daily visit. This is something that the entire family will enjoy.
3. Dry Town Water Park – Found in Palmdale, California, Dry Town is one of the most affordable water parks in Southern California. There are many attractions to choose from such as the Big Rock River, the Devil’s Punch Bowl, Rattlers Revenge, and the Wildcatter. No matter what your tastes such as mild to the thrill seeker, you’re bound to find something for everyone. For children under the age of twelve there is also the Little Miner’s Camp, where the children can run and splash through the mini waterpark. A visit to the water park can be in combination with one of your Southern California romantic getaways for a little added adventure. Whatever you do here, you’re bound to have a wonderful time and be talking about your vacation for month’s to come!
4. Island Water Park – Fresno offers a water park with fun for the entire family. Island Water Park features a giant Copacabana Cove, which is a huge wave pool. Children’s areas and water slides make the Island Park one of the more popular water parks in Southern California. You can have your child’s birthday party or take them to the children’s park. You can also take the around the world without leaving the park by trying out the different international water rides. These rides include the North Shore Wipeout, the Singapore Tsunami, the Tokyo Typhoon as well as the Acapulco Dive. This is a great place for the entire family to reconnect while having a blast!
5. Magic Mountain Hurricane Harbor – Opened in the early summer of 2010, Hurricane Harbor features some of the most exciting water adventures in Southern California. This waterpark is located in Los Angeles and is part of Six Flags Great America. There are many water rides to choose from at Magic Mountain Hurricane Harbor. Among these are the Tornado, the Black Snake Summit, Lizard Lagoon and the Water Slide Complex. This is just to name a few. There is something here for everyone. The park is also located conveniently near several hotels. You could spend either your entire vacation or just a day or two. This would be a wonderful way for the entire family to spend their vacation.