Top 10 Most Amazing Caves and Caverns in USA
United States has so many amazing natural landmarks and attractions that it is hard to choose a valuable top 10 list and even top 100 list. Well, that is above the ground. But speaking of underground kingdoms of caves and caverns in US, dream of any speleologist, we dared to compose such a top ten list based on many criteria, such as truly unique formations, location, size, etc. Below we present you with a top 10 list of the most amazing caves and caverns in USA. Also read articles and reviews about each of these unique places on our website.
1. Ohio Caverns, Ohio – Ohio Caverns can boast very unique formations that can be found only in these caves. Tours cover two different routes, the historic tour route and the regular route. The sheer size and formation of the area will astound you.
2. Meramec Caverns, Missouri – Meramec Caverns are located in Missourri near St. Louis, featuring famous Jesse James hideout. They also feature seven different levels of amazing underground caves to explore. Rated one of the best systems anywhere in the USA.
3. Kartchner Caverns, Arizona – Kartchner Caverns tours are by guide only, you can not attempt a self guided tour even with prior arrangements. Kartchner has some of the most amazing caves and caverns you can find anywhere in the USA, or even the world. The caves are open every day but Christmas, but different rooms may not be available at certain times.
4. Luray Caverns, Virginia – Located in the scenic Shenandoah Valley, these caves are one of the biggest in the USA, and one of the most visited. There are a number of Luray Caverns cabins to choose from, and you will be guaranteed a great time in the natural beauty, both inside and outside of the caverns.
5. Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico – If the top caves and caverns in the USA are what you want, Carlsbad should be a top name on the list. The caves stretch for miles, and there is plenty of Carlsbad Caverns lodging for visitors to choose from regardless of your budget.
6. Blanchard Springs Caverns, Arkansas – There are many tours which go through this cave system in Arkansas; and Blanchard Springs Caverns is considered one of the most amazing caves in the United States because of the formations and unique sights you will see.
7. Lost Sea Caverns, Tennessee – The Lost Sea Caverns in Tennessee are an amazing experience, with a large lake underground that is the largest in the US and you can navigate it by tour boat, and many other spectacular sights to see.
8. Shenandoah Caverns, Virginia – The caverns located in Virginia named Shenandoah Caverns are well known among locals but less known nationwide, and they offer the only elevator ride in any cave in the state. These caverns offer a one mile circuit full of underground wonder and amazing sights. Nearby antique car museum also worth the visit.
9. Natural Bridge Caverns, Texas – Natural Bridge Caverns, the largest caverns in Texas located near San Antonio, provide visitor to the area with unique opportunity to see wide range of cave formations and stunning underground chambers such as the Castle of the White Giants and the Hall of the Mountain King.
10. Mammoth Cave, Kentucky – Mammoth Cave tours offer an amazing variety of choices, with tours that can range from one half an hour up to five or six hours. The size of the cave system is immense, it is the largest in the world with over 300 miles underground, so there are many areas to explore.