Yellowstone National Park Wildlife – Do’s and Don’ts!
The number of Yellowstone National wildlife is almost too numerous to count. There are bears and birds, elk and wolves. Each exists in their own part of the forest and somehow has the ability to live harmoniously.
When you are ready to view the Yellowstone National Park wildlife, there are several do’s and don’ts. You must heed the park alerts and remember to keep a proper distance. This will ensure that you or your family member’s will not suffer dire consequences.
The Yellowstone National Park wildlife Do’s and Don’ts should be reviewed carefully.
– Bring your camera and binoculars. Make sure your camera has a zoom lens. In most situations, you will be far from the action. This is so you are safe.
– Travel with a guide and follow their instructions. When you are planning your Yellowstone National Park hiking trip, be on guard at all times.
– Look for Rocky Mountain Goats, Elk, Deer and Moose. They are the most abundant and safest to approach. It is not uncommon for these, along with bears to enter Yellowstone National Park camping facilities.
– Follow the rule of distance when spotting wildlife. Less than 100 yards for bears and wolves and 25 yards of others is strictly prohibited.
– Wear comfortable clothing and shoes. You may be on your tour for hours.
– Have fun. Just because there are rules does not mean you cannot enjoy yourself.
– Stand too close to the Yellowstone National Park geysers. When they erupt, the steam is dangerously hot.
– Forget that Yellowstone National Park lodging within the park may subject you to wildlife sightings. You must follow all of the rules while you are inside of the park.
– Leave food or other human traces during your visit. This can cause harmful affects to the Yellowstone National Park wildlife.
– Bring children under the age on long hikes. Anyone under 5 can become a hindrance. It is best to complete a car tour with young children.
– Forget to download the safety video for Yellowstone National Park. It is available on the Internet and filled with useful facts and information.