Top 5 Things To Know About Yangtze River Three Gorges Dam
The Yangtze River Three Gorges Dam is a popular place to visit and should not be missed when touring China. The Dam acts as a symbol of China’s efforts to come alongside the modern world and show that it can represent technology and innovative power. China river cruises are among the best way to witness this great masterpiece of power, energy, and navigation.
Below is a list of the top 5 things to know about the Yangtze River Three Gorges Dam:
1. It is the greatest engineering construction since the Great Wall of China. To many critics across the globe the Yangtze River Three Gorges Dam is an environmental catastrophe, but to the Chinese it is an engineering feat that cannot be compromised.
2. The dam can produce energy the size of 15 nuclear power plants and calm some of the Yangtze River’s most intense flooding. It is the largest hydropower station known in the world. It produces a large economic benefit and is supposed to improve the ecological environment of the surrounding Yangtze River areas.
3. The dam improves the weather conditions. Although this sounds a little far-fetched, the Yangtze River Three Gorges Dam is favorable to the agriculture of the area, improves water quality and is able to control weather patterns at this location.
4. It is surrounded by relic and cultural sightseeings. The Yangtze River Three Gorges Dam is situated near one of the most popular and mysterious findings in the world. The dam sits near the mysterious place known as tomb of Qin Shi Huang which is open in part to tourists and visitors from around the world who are in search of the mysteries of the deep. Not only is the tomb situated in this area, but so is the entire Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum complex.
5. The area is famous for its natural landscapes and lush scenery. The dam location is rich in trees and growth that surround the river.