Top 5 Reasons Why People Love Whitewater Rafting on Kern River
Whitewater rafting on the Kern River is becoming one of the most popular vacations activities for Yosemite vacationers looking for some thrills. Yosemite white water rafting trips are exciting and fun for the whole family, and provide memories that will last a life time. Below are the top 5 reasons why people love whitewater rafting on the Kern River.
1. Yosemite white water rafting at its most extreme – Whitewater rafting on the Kern River is definitely an extreme sport. The river is loaded with class IV and V runs that are for experienced whitewater rafters only. The river is very dangerous at various points and sports the nickname “Killer Kern”. This is an entirely different experience that whitewater rafting on the American River or some of Yosemite’s other slower paced rivers.
2. Fly fishing – The Kern features a deep canyon that serves as an excellent fly fishing spot. Whitewater rafting on Kern River provides a lot of activities to do other than rafting, which makes it one of the favorite Yosemite white water rafting choices.
3. Expert tour guides – Since the rapids are extreme, the guided trips feature some of the best white water rafters in the world. They are very knowlegable about the region and can navigate your family down the river safely. Even though the Kern can be dangerous most of the deaths are due to negligent tourists and do not occur on guided trips lead by professionals.
4. Multi-day trips – The multi day trips are the best way to experience whitewater rafting on the Kern River. There are several different day trips to choose from in terms of length and particular sections of the river. Multiple day trips not only feature great white water rafting, but excellent meals, nights under the starry skies, fishing, swimming, and relaxation.
5. Views – There are many spectacular views along the Kern River. It’ll be hard to keep your eyes on the river.