Top 5 Reasons To Visit Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi
The Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi is one of the largest and most visibly magnificent structures in all of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
1. The mosque nestled within the downtown landscape of the city but located on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi. Covering more than 22,000 square meters, the mosque is one of the largest architectural structures in the city. The structure of the mosque is well known for its huge triple domed roof and the dome shaped architecture.
2. The Grand Mosque of Abu Dhabi is open for prayer and an active worship site for Muslims from all over the region. Visitors cannot be admitted without being mindful of the modest dress code. Even if you are not Muslim, the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi is worth the visit simply for the photograph opportunities. The white stone stands out against the desert landscape in this mysterious place. Many Muslim tourists pursue holidays to Abu Dhabi to be able to focus on their worship time and prayer time.
3. The official name of the Grand Mosque in Abu Dhabi is known as the Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Mosque. Most of the local residents simply call it the Grand Mosque.
4. Hotels in Abu Dhabi are scattered along the outskirts of the mosque making accommodations accessible when visiting the Grand Mosque.
5. This nearby area is one of the most popular and interesting places to visit. While touring the Grand Mosque region, visitors often skip over the Yas Island in Abu Dhabi to take in the extensive shopping and theme park rides.
When arriving in Abu Dhabi, tourists should not miss a visitation to the Grand Mosque. Tours and tour guides can be arranged at local hotels and resorts as well as through your travel agency. This is truly a sightseeing destination that cannot be over looked.