Top 5 Places To Visit In Rome In One Day
There are many places to visit in Rome, even if you only have one day. It is difficult to imagine only having one day to spend in Rome.
However, if you find yourself in similar circumstances, you can rest easy. The things to do in Rome are immeasurable so it really doesn’t matter if you are there for a week or a day, you will be thoroughly impressed if you make your plans and stick to your itinerary.
- The Spanish Steps – Not only is this a top tourist attraction, but it also has one of the best hotels in Rome. Spending time here allows you to view the Barcaccia Fountain. It has some of the most explosive views of all of the areas in Rome.
- The Colosseum – No trip to Rome would be complete without making a stop at the Colosseum. Virtually all of the Italian vacation packages feature a tour here. It has been the scene of hundreds of movies and television shows and is a part of Italy’s history. Other Roman Colosseum facts include the number of spectators that once partook in the festivities. Over 50,000 could be heard for miles, cheering for their favorite gladiators during the games.
- Piazza Campidoglio-Capitoline Hill – One of the more popular places to visit in Rome because ancient government practically began here. To date, Capitoline Hill remains the center of Italy’s government.
- The Vatican – Of course, a trip to the Vatican is necessary because of St. Peter’s Basilica. It is home to some of the most famous works of art by Michelangelo, Bernini and Raphael.
- The Pantheon – One of the most important places to visit in Rome because it is so well preserved. It is Rome’s ancient glory and was built as tribute to the Gods of Rome.
There are so many places to visit in Rome that you do not have to worry about how much time you have. The important thing is to make sure you bring your camera or camcorder so you can record your activities and share them with friends and family.