Top 5 Places To Visit in Cambodia
There are many places to visit in Cambodia for anyone who really wants a special kind of vacation. Sure, most people would choose to spend time in more popular destinations, in Southeast Asia. But, Cambodia is truly a spectacular country.
The reason there are so many places to visit in Cambodia, is because this particular section, located on the southern part of an Indochina Peninsula, is surrounded by Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and the Gulf of Thailand. This means, the culture is rich and the sights are absolutely breathtaking.
To help you learn more about the sights and activities, you should certainly utilize a Cambodia travel guide. This will ensure that you make the most of your time and provide you with inside tips to personalize your vacation.
As you begin to make plans, you will probably want to prepare an appropriate itinerary, and include a variety of things to do in Cambodia, so you can really experience all that this country has to offer.
Try to locate some of the top places to visit in Cambodia, regardless of whether you want exceptional luxury or you are an earthy, backpacker, the beauty of Cambodia is meant to be seen by all and once you arrive, you will finally understand what paradise looks like.
The top 5 places to visit in Cambodia are:
1. The Angkor Wat Temple – This temple dates as far back at the 12th century and is considered Cambodia’s prize attraction. Surrounded by moat with a wall over 2 miles long, this Hindu temple is the largest in the world. Everywhere you turn, you bear witness to natural wonders and architectural splendor.
2. The Silver Pagoda – This temple is awe-inspiring, even to the locals. At first glance, it may seem like a simple, Asian temple, but this all changes as soon as you step inside and allow your eyes to gaze on the pure silver floor tiles. After which, you will become transfixed on the massive statues made of diamonds and pure gold.
3. The Bayon – This is one of the best places to visit in Cambodia because it is a temple, filled with the world’s most intricate stone carvings. Most believe this is to maintain the serenity and peacefulness of this area.
4. Ta Prohm – This is completely opposite from all of the other attractions, because it is basically an untouched monastery and temple that has stood the test of time. Because it was never renovated, there is more of an ancient feel and look. Massive, overgrown trees show you what an Asian jungle really looks like. You can make sure to include this stop on any of your Mekong River tours, and be certain to have your camera with you.
5. Tonle Sap Lake – Spending a day on Tonle Sap Lake will allow you to view many permanent, floating villages where you can shop for souvenirs and spend time with the local villagers. You can also experience the best bird watching of a lifetime. For these reasons, Tonle Sap Lake makes the list of one of the best places to visit in Cambodia.