Top 5 Places for Southern California Romantic Getaways
Southern California has some of the most romantic getaways in the United States. The weather is warm and the beaches are vast leading to some of the best romantic places in the state. Whether you and your sweetheart are looking for some adventure or rest and relaxation, Southern California promises the perfect mix.
Below is a list of the 5 best places for Southern California romantic getaways.
1. Catalina Island – Taking a mini cruise out to Catalina Island to watch the sun set is one of the most romantic things to do in Southern California. Long Beach residents love to frequent the island for long romantic walks and strolls along the beach. Catalina Island is one of the most popular Southern California romantic getaways.
2. La Jolla – With one of the most beautiful and scenic coastal settings, La Jolla offers romantic restaurants and Cliffside paths mixing up the perfect ingredients for a romantic getaway. La Jolla is a quaint and beautiful coastal town.
3. Ojai – Ojai offers cute little bungalows nestled in the mountains of Santa Ynez. There are a number of resorts or spas to choose from and the restaurants and shops are in vast number. This is one of the most popular Southern California romantic getaways for those wanting to escape the city life.
4. Santa Ynez Valley – This area features lovely wineries in the tiny town of Los Olivos. Early morning sunrise strolls are a romantic way to spend the weekend. You won’t find those large amusement and water parks in Southern California anywhere near Santa Ynez Valley, just lots of romance.
5. Pebble Beach – Offering some of California’s coastal scenery and panoramic views. The beach is full of beach-combing adventures, bagpipes at sunset, and long excursions along the beach holding hands. It is no wonder why Pebble Beach is considered one of Southern California’s romantic getaways.