Las Vegas is the ultimate vacation hot spot no matter what your interests are. Whether you are a show lover, gambler, bar hopper, gamer, outdoorsman, sportsman, gourmand, shopaholic or a family traveler, you will not be bored with plenty of things to do in Las Vegas to appeal virtually to everyone. Just check out our list of 25 things to do in Las Vegas and start planning your next vacation.
1. David Copperfield Magic Show has to be among signature fun things to do in Las Vegas that will be enjoyed by any traveler coming to Vegas. Your eyes will deceive you during mind boggling and virtually impossible to execute illusions and stunts that only the best magician in the world can master.
2. The Vegas Eiffel Tower Experience should not be missed since it has been rated numerous times among the most romantic things to do in Las Vegas and has seen many marriage proposals during its existence. Nighttime is the best time to climb to the observation area on the 50th floor of the Tower and marvel at the Las Vegas strip line or simply walk hand in hand with your sweetheart.
3. Bellagio Fountains are one of the best and free Las Vegas attractions that you can not miss. Centered on a man made lake in front of the Bellagio hotel, these mesmerizing Fountains become the center stage for unforgettable show of lights and dancing water shooting at unbelievable heights accompanied by classical and modern tunes.
4. Fremont Street Experience is an unforgettable area in the heart of Las Vegas that you simply must visit to believe. Sample cool eats like chocolate covered hot dogs or other unusual selections that are surprisingly affordable. Stay late to watch one of the highly reviewed LED lights and music shows being projected on massive overhead screens.
5. Cirque du Soleil is on any list of things to do in Las Vegas with the kids that is sure to awaken a child in any of us. Cirque du Soleil presents a series of shows ranging from mysterious, funny and sensual so you can pick the one that appeals to you and your brood. KA, O, Mystere, Zumanity and Love are one of many blockbuster shows that are currently playing in Vegas.
6. Treasure Island Pirate Show is among the finest Las Vegas free shows. It’s hard to believe that the 18 minute swashbuckling tale of larger than life proportions filled to the brim with swordfights, explosions, fireworks, sultry dancing and singing is absolutely free and playing nightly at the Treasure Island Hotel in Vegas.
7. Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Las Vegas is one of seven locations in the world that holds real size replicas of celebrities, musicians, sports stars and historical figures that is well worth visiting, especially if you are looking for things to do in Las Vegas besides gambling.
8. CSI: The Experience interactive attraction is not to be missed if you are looking for cool things to do in Las Vegas. Become a detective, gather evidence from presented materials, read through clues and solve one of three murder mysteries.
9. Las Vegas Helicopter Tours are the best way of exploring not only the Vegas Strip but an array of nearby attractions like the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon.
10. Hoover Dam located in close proximity to downtown Vegas is one of the most popular day trips you and your family can take if you are not a fan of gambling or shopping. Learn a thing or two about this engineering marvel positioned on the Colorado River by visiting the local power plant and seeing how it operates.
11. Grand Canyon might not be the closest attraction near Las Vegas but nevertheless alluring and worth a lengthy bus or car ride. Better yet to take a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon granting an opportunity to land on the floor of the Canyon.
12. Lake Mead is world’s biggest man created lake in the world presents great environment for you to explore attractions and natural resources near Las Vegas. It’s hard to imagine a better place to camp, boat or fish in the midst of Nevada desert.
13. Peep Show Las Vegas is for you if you are on a bachelor trip or simply want to explore the naughty side of Vegas. Starring infamous Holly Madison and other well known in the adult entertainment industry actors, Peep Show Las Vegas is a perfect mix of humor, music and dancing that appeal to all sorts of crowds.
14. Tournament of the Kings Dinner Show is an epic medieval tale that brings your dinner experience to a new level by masterfully incorporating audience interaction and knight-worthy feast into the actual show. Feast on dragon soup, medieval meat stew and top it off by a pastry dessert.
15. Playboy Comedy Club is one of the hottest comedy shows in Vegas with a naughty twist. Hosted by Hugh Hefner and his friend, the show is definitely more adult oriented and guarantees a fun night accompanied by a visit from Playmates of the month.
16. Conservatory at Bellagio is among the best free things to do in Vegas during the day. Without a doubt it’s the best horticultural masterpiece you will ever experience in a lifetime. Marvel at whimsical and seasonal arrangements created from trees, shrubs, greens and flowers.
17. Dolphin Habitat at the Mirage is for you if you are looking for family things to try in Vegas. Get up close experience and learn facts about these marine creatures and consider becoming a dolphin trainer for a day.
18. MGM Grand Lion Habitat is a free attraction to visit in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Watch world’s biggest wild cats’ interaction in the surroundings that were created to closely match their natural habitat with waterfalls and lush greenery.
19. Bodies The Exhibition is among the most unusual things to do in Las Vegas. Only here you can browse through a series of carefully preserved human body organs and see how everything works form the inside. Definitely not for the faint at heart but nevertheless an interesting Exhibit.
20. Blue Man’s Group is a show presented by three men clad in black with their faces painted in bright blue hue. This odd trio delivers a one of a kind avant garde performance that utilizes odd stage props, skillful tricks and highly energetic humor.
21. Indoor Skydiving in Vegas is a unique chance to experience what it feels like jumping off a plane without the dangers of it. In a perfectly controlled indoor environment a series of propellers create a wind tunnel that sends you soaring in the air in an oversized jumping suit.
22. Titanic the Artifact Exhibition is a true story of the largest shipwreck in history brought to life by over 300 original artifacts and replicas from the fateful ship.
23. Adventuredome is a perfect place to be in Las Vegas if you love arcade games, heart stopping rides and all sorts of fair style entertainment.
24. Phantom The Las Vegas Spectacular is Las Vegas’s own version of one of the most beloved operas in the world with elaborate sound and visual effects creating an unmatched production that can not be experienced anywhere else in the world.
25. Venetian Gondola Rides create an experience similar to visiting Venice, Italy right in the heart of a busy shopping area in Las Vegas. Tired shoppers get a chance to unwind during a 14 minute gondola ride along Grand Canal at the Venetian shopping mall while enjoying an Italian serenade performed by skilled gondoliers.
In order to enjoy all these fantastic experiences in Las Vegas and still stay kind to your wallet, please refer to our article on discount Las Vegas show tickets listing an array of local and online resources for getting incredible deals.