Top 10 Williamsburg VA Attractions For Kids
Williamsburg VA attractions for kids are overflowing in this historic town. You need only decide what works best for your family and then hit the road for a day filled with excitement around every corner.
As you make your plans, however, you might want to check out some of the better Colonial Williamsburg hotels. Even if you don’t plan to spend all your time in Colonial Williamsburg, they often have the best rates and plush accommodations.
Here are the top 10 Williamsburg VA attractions for kids of all ages:
1. Colonial Williamsburg – This is always the best place to begin because it is filled with the history of Virginia. Your kids will enjoy imagining what life was like during the 1700s. There are 3 museums here so they will definitely not be bored.
2. Busch Gardens Williamsburg – No child would dare forget to remind their parents about this phenomenal amusement park, so you should purchase tickets in advance, if you can. In addition to the dozens of attractions and rides just for kids, they also have 10 stage shows, food and a wonderful children’s area.
3. Jamestown – This is another historical area that is often included in many Colonial Williamsburg vacation packages. Here, children can recall their history lessons of John Smith and the original English colony after separation from England.
4. Yorktown – This is where the most important Revolutionary War battle took place. Children will love to see the reenactment and the encampments where the soldiers lived. You can purchase Colonial Williamsburg tickets that include access to Yorktown as a package deal.
5. Water Country USA – This is another one of the better Williamsburg VA attractions for kids because they have so many activities that cater to those under 15. They even have a family day out that you can plan in advance.
6. Pirate’s Cove – This is one of the Williamsburg VA attractions that always appeals to the young at heart, so you will have fun too. You will putt golf balls under mountains, along footbridges and under a cascading waterfall. There are also sunken ships, exquisite landscapes and treasures waiting to be found.
7. Ripley’s Believe It or Not! – This is a massive museum, filled with more than 350 exhibits and 11 galleries all displaying the weird and bizarre. There’s no other museum like this anywhere else and your kids will love exploring all of the strangeness. They also have a 4-D movie theater.
8. Go Karts Plus – A great place to bring older kids who are just itching to learn how to drive. The speeds aren’t too fast, so safety isn’t an issue and they also have laser tag games for the entire family to play along.
9. Master Craftsmen – A trip here will give your kids a first-hand look at the way jewelry is made. From the raw product to a beautiful piece of art, each piece is hand-made and ornately exceptional.
10. Camelot Bears of Williamsburg – If your kids are still into teddy bears, or even interested in wildlife preservation, don’t miss this unique store. It is filled to the brim with everything bear.