Top 10 Upstate New York Attractions With Kids
Spending time exploring Upstate New York attractions with kids can be one of the most exhilarating experiences of your lifetime.
The top 10 Upstate New York attractions with kids are listed below:
1. Catskill Mountains – Tops the list. Spending time with your kids in the Catskills Mountains brings them face to face with the oldest tourist attractions in the United States. Catskill Mountain facts include the Howe Caverns and the Kaaterskill Falls.
2. Adirondack National Forest – Take the kids camping and spend time with the natural wildlife. They will be thrilled with rafting down the river during the summer and dog sledding in the winter.
3. Boldt Castle – Children will enjoy the ride over in the boat and may even learn more about architecture and design. Not to mention the history of a real-life castle, where they can pretend to be princes and princesses.
4. Harriman State Park – Harriman State Park hiking trails are the perfect outdoor sport for kids of all ages. Even the little ones will enjoy spending time outside exploring nature.
5. Niagara Falls – Niagara Falls attractions for kids can include the famous Maid of the Mist boat ride where they can feel the spray of the falls as they listen to facts presented by the guides.
6. Farmer’s Museum – Explore history and learn the old ways of harvesting crops. Also, activities like lawn bowling are available. You can even milk a cow on the premises.
7. Circle B Ranch – Explore over 500 acres while horseback riding through the pastures and mountain trails.
8. Natural Stone Bridge and Caves – Located in the Adirondack Mountains, there are rock formations and nature trails. Also, a stone bridge arch made of marble.
9. Magic Forest – Also known as where Santa goes to vacation, it is a fairy tale land filled with characters in costumes and live animals.
10. Six Flags Darien Lake – Roller coasters, cotton candy and more fill this amusement park. One of the Upstate New York attractions that many forget exists.
So you now have a list of the most interesting Upstate New York attractions and you have your kids, go ahead and make your plans.