Top 10 Unusual Things To Do In Paris
As Americans we may find some things that the Europeans do a little different or unusual. Vise versa we’re sure. Why not take a look at our list of top 10 unusual things to do in Paris to discover just how many things, we don’t have in common.
- Catacombs of Paris Tour – Morbid and gruesome, yet so darn interesting. This underground ossuary houses some 6 million bodies. This tour leads our list of unusual things to do in Paris.
- Fat Tire Bike Tour – As you strap on your neon yellow safety gear and mount up on your bike, make sure all your reflectors are working properly as you pedal out into the City of Lights Night Tour. Surprisingly, there are still plenty of things to see in Paris after the sun goes down.
- Boules and Wine – Learn to play the game of Boules on a ½ day tour. Instructors will meet you with wine and soft drinks at the Palais Royal.
- Market Tour and Tasting – Looking for places to eat in Paris? Take a three hour tour around Marché d’Aligre tasting different kinds of foods. There is a flea market, open air market and covered market all in one place. Vendors come from all over to peddle their goods.
- Bakery Culinary Tour – Test your culinary skills as you learn to make fresh French baguettes and pastries. The French have a reputation for creating elaborate desserts from scratch, so here’s your chance to learn their secrets.
- Personal Shopper Tour – This tour is designed to help you learn how to shop, find the best bargains and exactly the right items that will create your perfect look. A personal shopping assistant will contact you with a questionnaire to gain knowledge about your personal style. From there your shopper will lead you to the right stores to make selections of items that were made just for you so you’re ready for the Paris nightlife.
- Create Your Own Perfume – Now this is fancy. We all have heard of creating your own soaps and bath products at the store in the mall, but the chance to develop your own signature scent definitely says unusual things to do in Paris, but in a good way.
- Cheese Tasting Tour – You really need to like cheese to sign up for this tasting tour. Meet the cheesemaker and explore the cheese cellar before having a lunch of what else but, prepared cheese.
- Private Helicopter Tour – Now there’s nothing unusual about a helicopter tour, but have you ever done it where it includes lunch at a castle? From a Paris helipad, get whisked away to the nearby Esclimont Castle for a tour of the park and lunch set up just for you in the garden. This tour makes our list of top 10 things to do in Paris that are both unusual but fabulous.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride – After a safety briefing your guide will fire up your balloon. Then you can climb into the huge basket and soar into the sky for the most breath taking views of Paris attractions from a real bird’s eye vantage point of view.
Paris is the City of Lights and the city of romance; but we’ve never heard it called the city of unusual things to do in Paris before.