Top 10 Tucson Nightlife Hot Spots
Tucson nightlife ranges from the hip and trendy to chic and elegant. You can dress up or down, depending on your tastes and what you want to experience.
But, if you are new to the area, it could be challenging to figure out which of the Tucson nightlife hotspots are for you, especially just by asking around.
If you are looking for Tucson nightlife that offers a blend of good music, great food and awesome drinks, you can find them easily enough just by narrowing your selections.
To provide you with some assistance, listed below are the top 10 Tucson nightlife hotspots to consider:
1. Rialto Theater – This is the perfect Tucson nightlife hotspot for those who want live entertainment within the downtown area. It is in the middle of everything and during any time of the night and on any day of the week, you can find music ranging from salsa to rock to the blues.
2. Club Congress – This is where the hip and trendy meet when it comes to Tucson nightlife. It is always packed and features specials like 80s night on Mondays and live music Fridays. Only the best DJs get to spin their records here and that happens on Saturday nights.
3. Plush – This is a club where you can expect to see both international and national stars including Okkervil River, Brian Jonestown Massacre and more. It’s a great place to hear live music Tucson-style and have a great drink too. The bartenders serve up excellent drinks and the trendiest cocktails around.
4. Solar Culture – This is more of an art gallery and music scene all in one. Here you can listen to a variety of music like reggae, punk, folk, country and alternative rock, just to name a few. You will also see a number of big names show up to pay homage to their craft. Since it is centrally located, there are a number of hotels in Tucson that may even sell tickets for the bigger events.
5. The Shelter – There are no windows here, but that’s because the dark atmosphere is perfect for showing films from the 60s along with the enormous display of 60s memorabilia. It’s totally retro and the DJ spins soulful music all night.
6. The Barrio Brewing Company – Those who want great beer come here and sit in this cool, dark warehouse sampling the best microbrews in this landmark location.
7. The Meet Rack – A laid back bar that’s usually filled with locals so you will really meet the heart of the city here. The owner is very inviting and will provide you with a personal tour. Once complete, sample some of the more lively cocktails.
8. Lookout Bar and Grille – Located on the grounds of one of the top Tucson resorts, the Westward, this restaurant offers something special. If you want a quiet dinner overlooking the beauty of the desert, a meal on their outdoor terrace is just perfect.
9. The Shanty – A small and relaxed vibe awaits those who come here. They also have great drinks and a large selection of both domestic and imported beers. The outdoor patio is large and inviting.
10. 1702 – Not so much a club as it is a hangout for the 20-something crowd. But is has been called one of the best restaurants in Tucson thanks to the legendary menu, which features over a dozen types of pizza and over 50 different beers and microbrews.