Top 10 Toledo Ohio Attractions
Toledo Ohio attractions are as varied as the people who visit the city and state each year. From open spaces to museums and everything in between, these are just some of the Toledo Ohio attractions that are waiting for you and your family on your next vacation.
1. The Toledo Zoo is one of the premier zoos in the country. It is family friendly, is well laid out and has habitats from Africa to the Arctic encounter, and don’t miss the hippoquarium where you can get up close and personal with these gigantic creatures.
2. Imagination Station is one of those great places to visit in Ohio if you have kids. It is a hands -on learning museum with over 300 exhibits that is sure to inspire and spark imaginations like never before.
3. Only 20 miles long, the Ottawa River offers picturesque nature walks along its banks, and quiet picnic spots amid the lovely surroundings.
4. The Toledo Museum of Art is one of the Toledo Ohio attractions that just can’t be missed. It is home to art from all over the world, using all mediums and has some of the world’s most famous pieces on display. Best of all, admission is free.
5. The Wildwood Manor House is an 18th century mansion with stunning Georgian architecture and old world charm. Come visit to take a step back in time to see how the privileged lived and maybe stay for tea.
6. The Toledo Botanical Garden is one of the more restful things to do in Toledo as you peruse the Pioneer Garden, the Rose Garden, Wildflower Garden, Herb Garden and see many other types of plants and flowers in their natural and peaceful surroundings.
7. The Irwin Prairie State Nature Reserve is one of those Toledo Ohio attractions that allow you to revel in the beauty of nature. There are boardwalks through the marshes, wildflowers in the summer and lots of interesting things to see year round in this, one of the last remaining marshes in the state.
8. The Wildwood Preserve Metropark if full of fun things to do for the whole family in the great outdoors. Hiking trails, plenty of places to run, a boardwalk, a covered bridge, a 100 year old schoolhouse and much more is just waiting to be discovered.
9. A more traditional of the Toledo Ohio attractions is the Queen of Most Holy Rosary Cathedral complete with stunning stained glass and a lovely mix of art and architecture.
10. No Ohio travel guide would be complete without the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball team. Much cheaper than games in major league parks, the Toledo Mud Hens play in a stadium where there isn’t a bad seat in the house, and there is tons of fun between innings to boot.
Toledo is a great town for a family vacation, whether you are just passing through or plan to spend time exploring the attractions, so what are you waiting for?