Top 10 Things To Do on Margarita Island Venezuela Vacations
Margarita Island Venezuela vacations are great for everyone. Located in the Caribbean Sea, it is sometimes called the Pearl of the Caribbean offering some of the best beaches, water sports opportunities, sightseeing, fishing and entertainment. There are plenty of things to do on Margarita Island for couples, singles and families. Below is a list of the top 10 things to do on Margarita Island Venezuela vacations.
1. Exploring Restinga Lagoon National Park – No Margarita Island Venezuela vacations go without visiting this premier attraction, Restinga Lagoon Naitonal Park known for its shallow salt lagoon, home to mangrove forests and the freshest seafood in the area. It’s definitely worth it to book a guided boat tour through mangrove channels and learn about endemic species of wildlife and flora.
2. Beach Going – Margarita beaches are some of the best Venezuela vacation spots in the Caribbean. There are over 72 to choose from like El Agua, Playa Caribe, Manzanillo, Puerto Cruz, and Moreno, to name just a few of them. There’s a beach for every traveler, whether you like a beach with extensive facilities or secluded rugged escapes, perfect waves for windsurfing or calm waters for swimming or snorkeling.
3. Windsurfing – Venezuela vacations on Margarita Island offer the best windsurfing in the world. Playa El Yaque is the choice location because of the wind, shallow waters and ideal weather conditions all year round. The Wild Wind Regatta brings windsurfers and kitesurfers from all over the world to compete. The beach is also ideal for families with small children because of shallow, warm waters perfect for frolicking on the beach.
4. Visiting Capital Asuncion – The capital of the Nueva Esparta state is a lovely city with colonial architecture, pretty churches, great shopping districts and wonderful restaurants. Among the most notable attractions in the city you will find Cathedral of Our Lady of la Asuncion and a beautiful colonial style Santa Rosa de la Eminencia castle.
5. Porlamar Shopping and Entertainment – Famous area for great shopping and entertainment suited for all tastes, including amusement parks, water parks, casinos, high and low end shopping, delectable cuisine and hip nightlife.
6. Ultra-light plane rides – If you’re looking for a bird’s eye view of the island then a low altitude plane ride will make for one of the most exciting Margarita Island Venezuela vacations of a lifetime.
7. Seeing El Valle – Take some time away from beach going and pay a visit to see historical island’s capital El Valle brimming with interesting things to see. The Virgin of El Valle Church is the iconic attraction that is believed to cure illnesses and bring good luck to the fishermen. Local Santiago Marino Museum is a must see showing off a house of the famous Venezuelan independence fighter.
8. Horseback riding – Horseback riding on Margarita Island is like something out of a movie or novel. Vacationers can choose from a jaunt on a white sand beach or a ride in the beautiful mountains.
9. Catamaran Coche Island Tour – Spend a day seeing the the nearby Coche Island completed with captain’s sightseeing narration, a snorkeling stop along the way, visiting island’s great beaches and party atmosphere. The trip from Porlamar to the Coche Island takes approximate 1 hour and 45 minutes with refreshements provided onboard and a full buffet lunch of fresh seafood and grilled chicken served in Coche.
10. Learn to Jet Ski or Scuba Dive – Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned professional the scuba diving on Margarita Island offers a huge variety of ocean species. Locations such as Los Frailes and El Farallon are the most popular. Margarita Island Venezuela vacations wouldn’t be the same without a high speed ride on a high powered water craft.