Top 10 Things to Do on Key West Weekend Getaway
Heading out on a Key West weekend getaway? This beautiful Florida destination is one of the most romantic, fun-filled, and intriguing destinations of its kind. Before traveling, prepare yourself with our top 10 things to do on your Key West weekend excursion:
1. Viewing the dolphins in Key West is an adventure that should not be missed. Large schools of these beautiful creatures inhabit the waters surrounding Key West and tours are available.
2. Visiting the Key West Aquarium is a nice low key adventure while on your Key West excursion. The aquarium displays diverse exhibits and live demonstrations.
3. Must-do thing is the sunset celebration at Mallory Square. The beautiful sunset attraction is just the romance you need when on your girlfriend getaway.
4. Take a ferry to Dry Tortugas National Park. While on your Key West weekend getaway, travel 70 miles west of Key West to the remote islands of the Dry Tortugas. The spacious comfort cruisers provide some of the most romantic getaways available on Key West. On Dry Tortugas you find one of the best snorkeling at rich coral reef as well as the largest historic fort in US.
5. Hop aboard on any of Key West daily sightseeing cruises. Many cruisers are available to take visitors to the reefs and explore the island.
6. Enjoy parasailing. A Key West weekend getaway is not complete without some water sports. The emerald water is even more inviting from bird’s eye viewpoints.
7. Take in some nightlife. While on your Key West getaway take in some of the nightlife scattered in and around Smathers Beach Key West. There are a number of bars and nightclubs providing hours of fun and dancing.
8. Snorkeling in crisp blue waters. Your Key West weekend getaway must include snorkeling from a local tour.
9. Charter a boat and enjoy the warm breeze with your sweetheart. Or book a champagne or dinner cruise right before sunset.
10. Go shopping with your loved one. A wide variety of shops and vendors are scattered throughout Key West, especially at Mallory Square.
Key West suits the needs of every traveler. Whether you are visiting with your significant other or single and just wanting to have fun, Key West will provide and is well worth the weekend visit.