Top 10 Things To Do on Activity Holidays in Greece
Greece is becoming one of the most popular family holiday destinations in the world due in part because of the activities and budget friendly accommodations. Activity holidays in Greece can be fun-filled and action packed.
Below is a list of the top 10 things to do on activity holidays when visiting Greece:
1. Tour the Acropolis and the Parthenon in Athens. The magnificent view can be seen from all over the city but is worth the hike to the top of the mountain to see the structures firsthand.
2. Visit the National Archeological Museum in the heart of Athens. Museum buffs should allow two to three hours at this large exhibition’s display.
3. Activity holidays in Athens, Greece are not complete without a visit The Plaka. These winding streets around the Acropolis offer small shops, quaint cafes, and amazing local architecture.
4. Lycabettus Hill should not be missed. View the entire city of Athens and escape the heat high up on this hill. This is one of the cheap holidays in Greece excursions that you would not want to miss.
5. Explore Athens city streets at night. Might sound contradictory, but Athens is one of the safest cities in the world which makes activity holidays in Greece extraordinary at night.
6. View the sunset from Cape Sounion, the Temple of Poseidon which offers an activity that suits a even the smaller kids when you on family holidays in Greece.
7. Hop aboard one of the many Greece ferries and travel to any one of the exotic Greek Islands. Activity holidays in Greece will never be boring and uneventful. Renting mopeds and traveling the islands always prove to be exciting and worth the ferry ride.
8. Take a donkey ride along any of the Greek islands.
9. Travel to the legendary island of Santorini, which is considered the most beautiful island in Greece, complete with volcanic landscape, blue and white architecture and breathtaking views.
10. Activity holidays in Greece must also include a trip to the red beaches of Santorini. Ride a moped or travel by bus to the red sand beaches.