Top 10 Things To Do Near Sacramento
If you are trying to list the things to do near Sacramento, it could quite possibly overwhelm a first-time visitor. That’s because the possibilities are virtually endless. This city is known for arts and nightlife as well as fun and adventure. And the surrounding areas are just as exciting.
To provide you guidance, here are the top 10 things to do near Sacramento:
1. Tour Lake Tahoe – Lake Tahoe tours are always sought after because this area has striking views and all kinds of activities including fishing, boating, hiking and skiing. They also feature exceptional day spas. You can even rent a hot-air balloon and soar high above the area.
2. Take a trip to Napa Valley – The Napa Valley wineries have some of the world’s best tasting wines and are famous all over the world for their gorgeous landscapes and abundant varieties of wine including Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
3. Yolo Wildlife Area – Located in Davis, California this is an area of pristine woodlands measuring 16,000 acres in size. It’s one of the things to do near Sacramento where you can spend time watching birds or if it’s the right season, even go hunting for them. There are dozens of hiking trails where you can spy on mammals and reptiles.
4. Play golf at Wildhorse Golf Course – Also located in Davis. This is one of the places to visit in northern California that will challenge even veteran golfers. This is a walnut orchard that measures 170 acres and has 18-holes of rolling hills, sand traps galore and challenging water hazards.
5. Spend a day or two at Berryesa Lake – Since water-based activities are among the best things to do near Sacramento, spending a day on this enormous lake located in Napa County is a wonderful way to spend the day. It is a reservoir, but you can still boat, fish, swim and water ski. You can also pitch a tent or bring your RV and spend the night.
6. Bring your kayak or canoe to Lake Natoma – If you’re looking for things to do near Sacramento and happen to have your canoe or kayak, head over to Lake Natoma in Orangevale, California where dozens of other avid canoes and kayaks fill the water. It’s a place for real nature lover’s to enjoy a peaceful day paddling and sunning.
7. Have a day of sports at Maidu Regional Park – Located in Roseville, California this park measures 152 acres and features a batting cage, basketball courts, skate park, bike paths and even a softball and soccer field that are lit up during the evening hours. Most of the things to do near Sacramento involve the great outdoors, so this is the perfect place.
8. Go shopping at the Vacaville Premium Outlets – If you are staying in one of the hotels in Sacramento that is close to Midtown, you’re probably ready for even more shopping. So, take a ride to Vacaville, California and marvel at the 120 stores with designer stores like Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Coach, Gucci and more.
9. Enjoy a nature safari at the California Explorit Science Center – Kids love spending time touching and feeling things and this is a great way to let them see nature up close. They also offer nature safaris so they will feel like they are in the middle of the jungle. This center is located in Davis, California.
10. Spend a few dollars gambling at Cache Creek Casino – This casino is in Brooks, California and has more than 2,400 slot machines, a poker room with 14 tables and 122 table games. Sure, there are lots of things to do in Sacramento, but here you can also book a luxury stay in the hotel and also have a spa day. They also have live entertainment and 8 restaurants to choose from.