Top 10 Things To Do in Zurich Switzerland
Zurich, Switzerland is one of the most popular vacation destinations in Europe. There are many fun and exciting things to do in Zurich. It is important to find tourist attractions that will be conveniently located to your destination since you probably don’t want to spend most of your time traveling from one destination to another. Here is a list of the top ten things to do in Zurich, Switzerland.
1. Rhine Falls – Many Switzerland tours will include some hiking and climbing. If this is the case then you will be able to have a great view of the Rhine Falls. These majestic falls flows over about 75 feet of rock formations.
2. Kunsthaus – This is an amazing art museum featuring major Swiss artists such as Fuesli and Giacometti. If you are an art connoisseur, this is the place to go.
3. Zurich Zoological Gardens – The zoo is one of the best Switzerland tourist attractions. This zoo is dedicated to the protection of endangered wildlife as well as restoring the ecosystem.
4. Swiss National Museum – Visitors can enjoy the many Swiss exhibitions such as the poet Mani Matter as well as some original Hebrew manuscripts.
5. Lindenhof – This is an amazing example of the beautiful architecture of its time. Visitors of this Roman castle will be able to enjoy beautiful views of the city.
6. Botanical Garden – Located at the University of Zurich this is one of the most beautiful Zurich, Switzerland attractions. Guests will enjoy the beautiful 53,000 square meters of beautifully landscaped gardens.
7. Hallenbad Altstetten – This is a great place to get away and just have fun. Kids can enjoy the swimming pool, wading pool as well as the water slides. Parents can enjoy relaxing at the spa while the kids enjoy the pools.
8. St. Peter Church – Switzerland is steeped in its religious history and St. Peter Church is a great place to get a feel of some of that history. This church was built in the 9th century and is the oldest church in Zurich and also has the largest clock face in Europe.
9. Opera House – This is one of the most popular things to do in Zurich. Guests of Zurich can enjoy the many theatrical or musical shows that are put on regularly.
10. Swiss Craft Center – When choosing things to do in Zurich, this is a great place to get some shopping done. Visitors will have their choice of purchasing items and homemade crafts for souvenirs to remind them of their Swiss vacation.
Many of these Swiss attractions are within an easy commute to the Zurich airport hotels which will make finding your destinations that much easier.