Top 10 Things To Do In Zion National Park
Zion National Park was founded in 1919 and is the oldest national park in Utah. It is most known for the canyons and exceptional views.
The top 10 things to do in Zion National Park are included below:
- Hiking – The Zion National Park hiking trails are virtually endless. Explore the Angels Landing and the Canyon Overlook.
- Camping – Zion National Park camping is fun and exciting. The most popular, Zion Ponderosa Resort Campground allows you to spend the evening sleeping under the stars.
- Tours – Zion National Park tours include trips to Pa’rus Trail where you can track the Virgin River all along the bottom portion of Zion Canyon.
- Backpacking – Spend the day trekking through the Zion National Park with your close friends and a sturdy backpack. You will be able to explore The Subway and the Zion Narrows.
- Biking – A sturdy mountain bike will enable you to view the Temple of Sinawava and Zion Canyon.
- Climbing – You can schedule short day trips or longer excursions where you will be able to climb the huge walls. Some are more extreme than others so make sure you have enough protective gear to ensure safety.
- Canyoneering – This is a combination of hiking, swimming and rappelling along and through the narrow canyons, including The Subway, Orderville Canyon and Pine Creek.
- Horseback Riding – Spend time on the trails with one of the most beautiful animals in the world. On horseback, you can explore the wildlife much closer than you could on foot.
- Bouldering – Choose between two areas where bouldering is allowed. These huge, house-sized rocks can provide you with hours of enjoyment as you climb to the top.
- Relax –There are a number of hotels near Zion National Park, but if you want to experience intimacy at its best, you can rent a cabin at Zion Lodge. Each cabin has a fireplace, refrigerator and private porch. After the days events are done, spending the night here only makes sense.
Zion National Park is the perfect blend of nature and exquisite beauty. It is time for you to make your way to this wonderful area.
Planning your next vacation to Utah can be easy if you continue to read along to the next article. You will find even more information on Zion National Park.