Top 10 Things To Do in Victoria BC
Will you be taking a trip to Canada and wondering what kinds of things to do in Victoria, BC? Well, you are in luck because you will soon find that there are quite a number of fine attractions and activities for you to participate in once you get there.
Here is a list of the top 10 things to do in Victoria BC, enjoy:
1. Spend hours at the Royal British Columbia Museum – The first stop for all first-time visitors is here. Step into this museum that is more than 100 years old and experience exhibits that have been preserved for just as long. They focus on natural history including the first inhabitants as well as some of the most modern art.
2. IMAX Victoria – If you love movies, you will love the IMAX theater where you can experience wraparound, HD Dolby Digital sound that surrounds you. The images are so clear that you will actually believe you are part of the movie. This is a great choice for things to do in Victoria BC, especially on a cold or rainy day.
3. Go see the Inner Harbor – Victoria British Columbia at its finest. This area is filled with walking paths with their own history and stories to tell. The wharf is exhilarating and the scenery from the boardwalk will leave you breathless. There are also many shopping areas and excellent restaurants.
4. Hike the West Coast Trail – Hiking is one of the fun things to do in Victoria BC because it is submerged in rugged beauty and culture. There are magnificent waterfalls and Blisters and Bliss is one that must be experienced. This trail leads you on all kinds of adventures including tree climbing and rappelling
5. Find one of the Butchart Gardens tours – Butchart Gardens is 55 acres filled with the most beautiful floral arrangements known to man. All year long, these grounds are carefully tended and protected by the staff. Your tour can include a background history and stops at the Rose Carousel as well as the Ancient Trees.
6. Relax at the Spa – One of the best hotels in Victoria BC, called the Delta Victoriat Ocean Pointe Resort and Spa offers the most tranquil spa services in the area. Treat yourself to an organic facial, scrub or body wrap too.
7. Enjoy the great outdoors at Beacon Hill Park – It’s a great option for things to do in Victoria BC if you have kids and the weather is nice. This massive park has so many beautiful sights. Bring some bread and sit and feed the ducks. If you have time, take the kids by the petting zoo.
8. Discover the architecture – Victoria’s Parliament Buildings are the home of the government, however, the design and structure of the building here will boggle the mind. Bring your camera and spend some time just admiring these majestic buildings.
9. See the boats on the horizon – The Scenic Marine Route is the best place to just sit and watch the boats sail by. You could also spy a few whales that are known to surface.
10. See a real castle – Craigdarroch Castle is one of the few in existence that are not in Europe. It is a great history lesson and photo opportunity in one. If you go during Halloween, the tour takes on an eerie feeling.