Top 10 Things To Do In Venice Italy
Venice, Italy is considered to be one of the most romantic cities in the world. In addition to the romance of Venice, there is much to see and do while discovering the history and culture of this magnificent city. There are several fun things to do in Venice. Whether you are here as a couple or on a family vacation you will find several interesting and fun things to do in Venice. This is also true if you are looking for gay Venice, Italy landmarks. Venice is one of the first places where gay and lesbian couples were accepted throughout the history, more than anywhere else in the world.
Here we have compiled a list of the top ten things to do in Venice.
1. St. Marks Basilica – Visitors will enjoy the history of this magnificent structure. There are many beautiful mosaics that depict St. Marco’s Tales as well as scenes from the Old and New Testament.
2. Gondola Rides – This is one of the most romantic things to do in Venice. While enjoying these gondola rides in Venice, couples are given a treat of the views of Venice. Many of the gondoliers will serenade a couple while floating through the canals and enjoying the beautiful Venetian architecture, street views and the nature.
3. Campanile – This is the tallest building in Venice and was once used as a military watch tower. It was rebuilt in 1912. The views from the tower are a wonderful way to see the city of Venice.
4. Grand Canal – This is the main thoroughfare and is how most people get around the city. The Grand Canal flows through Venice in a backwards “s” shape and offers beautiful views of the historical buildings. Most of these building were constructed between the 13th and 18th centuries.
5. Palazzo Grimani – This is a museum that displays many of the Grimaldi collections in the equally beautifully decorated rooms. This is definitely one of the best places to see in Europe.
6. Carnevale – This takes place in February and consists of many activities including a masked ball and a music show. This is one of the most popular Venice, Italy attractions.
7. Palazzo Ducali – This building was the seat of the Venice Government for centuries and is a “do no miss” attraction.
8. Gallerie dell’Accademia – Visitors will enjoy the vast collections of Venetian paintings by artists such as Bellini, Carpaccio and Longhi.
9. Camuffo – This is a museum dedicated to the collections of dragonflies and beetles. This may not be for everyone, but children will love it as well as entomologists.
10. La Pieta – This is a beautifully constructed church that is known for its association with Vivaldi. Occasionally it is used as a music hall.
As you can see there are many wonderful Venice attractions to choose from. There is sure to be something for everyone.