Top 10 Things To Do in Toledo With Kids
The state of Ohio is known for its rich history which is great for the grownups, but did you know it also has plenty of things to do with the kids? Come along on a journey of the top 10 things to do in Toledo Ohio, and its surrounding areas, great for kids and tons of family fun.
1. The Toledo Zoo offers a fascinating array of animals, birds and reptiles all set up in a family friendly manner. Visit the habitats, see the animals and catch a ride on the world’s only carousel featuring African animals, this zoo is something you won’t want to miss!
2. Over in Sylvania, check out the Fossil Park, a totally free attraction where your kids can dig for fossils to their hearts content. Remember to bring something to transport the treasures home and you’re set.
3. The Imagination Station is one of those things to do in Toledo that educates and inspires kids of all ages. From the grand piano to water tables to dressing up in various different career wear, there is always something new to discover at this museum.
4. A short drive to Perrysburg and you’re at Fort Imagination at Woodlands Park, a great area to visit for tons of playground equipment and a chance to run. There is even a fenced area for the smaller kids to play safely on away from their bigger friends.
5. Toledo Ohio attractions for the whole family to enjoy include the summer concert series put on by the Toledo Symphony. Pull up a chair and enjoy the sweet music or dance on the grass under the stars, the choice is yours.
6. The Ritter Planetarium-Brooks Observatory over at the U of T is one of the great things to do in Toledo with your kids. Children’s programs run on Saturdays from September to May and introduce your kids to the wonders space, star gazing and much more.
7. The Toledo Botanical Gardens is a serene place to visit where you can see an aquatic garden, a shade garden, a log cabin and many varieties of plants all in one stop. A summer educational series is offered for kids 6-12 throughout the school holidays.
8. Move over, traditional Ohio amusement parks, the Sylvania Playland is just what the doctor ordered if you find yourself in a patch of bad weather. This indoor play space has tons of inflatables to climb and jump on, letting the kids have fun no matter what it’s doing outside.
9. Put in Bay is located in Lake Erie and is one of those great day-trip things to do in Toledo. A short drive and a short boat ride to the island and you have tons to do all day including mini golf, a butterfly house, gemstone mining, playgrounds, and of course, playing in the sand and splashing in the lake.
10. The Toledo Firefighters Museum is open on Saturdays from 12-4 and offers hands on educational programs for kids not to mention old pumpers, equipment and uniforms to check out.
Things to do in Toledo that are fun for all makes it a great place for your next family vacation. Find one of many Toledo Ohio hotels and your vacation awaits!