Top 10 Things To Do in Tampa With Kids
Don’t feel like you can’t find things to do in Tampa with kids, especially if you don’t have a lot of time to plan. There are all sorts of places you can take them where they will experience new things and definitely will not get bored.
It doesn’t have to be hard to find things to do in Tampa with kids if you are the kind of parent that wants every minute of their day to be occupied. So, instead of spending your time worrying about what to do, just focus on a few key attractions within the same area and you should be just fine.
To help you get started, here is a list of the top 10 things to do in Tampa with kids:
1. The Florida Aquarium – Your kids can see over 20,000 aquatic animals, plants and more in this facility. It’s perfect for a rainy day, especially since the weather can take a turn sometimes.
2. Lowry Park Zoo – This zoo received awards for being the best zoo in America. There are over 2,000 animals they can see and feed, like the giraffes. They can also head over to Stingray Bay and spend a little time getting to know these native marine butterflies.
3. Busch Gardens Tampa Bay – What kid wouldn’t love spending the day in this adventure park of 335 acres? There are all kinds of rides and they also have a wonderful safari for them to enjoy.
4. Adventure Island Tampa Bay – This water park is filled with thrill rides as well as family rides, all within a massive 30 acres. Your kids have choices of water slides, rafting adventures and more.
5. Vertical Ventures Indoor Rock Climbing – This is another one of the cool things to do in Tampa with kids when the weather outside isn’t too great. If you can’t get to spend time outside, check out the arrangements of boulders that allow them to climb as high as they can. They vary in degrees of difficulty, so they can really challenge themselves.
6. Splash Island – Is one of the water parks in Florida that has a number of kid activities, including inflatable slides, floating cabanas and trampolines. However, it is not in a park, but Tradewinds Resort facility rather situated directly on the beach with the Gulf of Mexico serving as the platform.
7. Museum of Science and Industry –Sometimes, you may want them to learn a little while on vacation. Luckily, this museum is specifically designed for them. They are in charge and learn while playing. What’s extra special is if you or a family member belongs to the MOSI, this can be one of the free things to do in Tampa in addition to fun.
8. Boing! Jump Center – Things to do in Tampa with kids must include a stop here, where they have 12,000 square feet containing ultra-springy trampolines where you can play all kinds of games.
9. Lettuce Lake Regional Park – In addition to a playground and picnic spots, they also allow kayaking and canoeing. There are exhibits and a massive boardwalk with a tower for wildlife viewing.
10. Gator Fred’s Fun and Party Center – It’s a town dedicated to children of every age. It is completely inflatable and the kid zone is colorful and inviting. They also have a pizzeria, costume shop and a gator theater.