Top 10 Things To Do in Tamarindo Costa Rica
Tamarindo Costa Rica, located on the Northern Pacific coast of Costa Rica is optimal for the relaxing and scenic beach vacation. Tamarindo, a place that is home to natural wonders, surfing, vast cuisine and quaint Bed and Breakfasts, and fancy resorts, will not disappoint any member of your travel party. To optimize your experience while in Costa Rica, make sure you visit these Top 10 spots.
1. Arenal Volcano National Park – While it is one of the 10 most active volcanoes in the world, the Arenal Volcano is a magnificent natural wonder. This must see is surrounded by the red-hot rocks that slide down the Volcano daily. An eruption is known to occur daily but the times are unknown. It is best to plan your trip to the volcano as an all day event. So you can ensure witnessing an explosion!
2. Love Bed and Breakfast – This contemporary Bed and Breakfast will schedule the most relaxing parts of your visit. Whether it is on-site massages or advice on the best beach locations, the managers of the resort are at your service. They offer many all inclusive packages, including the spa package and honeymoon package. This hotel is perfect for a Costa Rica honeymoon.
3. Playa Grande beach turtle watching – Just two miles South of Tamarindo Costa Rica, Playa Grande is home to a beach side sanctuary. This park, which is the center of the Tamarindo National Wildlife Sanctuary, is home to sea turtles and other wildlife. Go check out the Turtle Museum and a moonlit turtle watching tour.
4. Hotel Las Tortugas – For the best experience in Tamarindo, booking a Costa Rica all inclusive resort will maximize your experience. This hotel, which includes apartments, includes canoes for rent, fishing, surfing and turtle watching. They pride themselves on the eco-friendly location and their abundance of activities for any traveler.
5. Pico Pequeño – This surfing location translates to “small tip”. At a rocky point at the mouth of the Tamarindo is a great place to catch a wave. This is a more advanced location but it is a perfect spot for the traveling experienced surfer.
6. Tamarindo Beach – Known for the beginners surf lessons, this lazy beach is great for sunbathers and active surfers. If you want to learn to surf while on your Costa Rica vacation, look for any of the surf lessons right on the beach!
7. Scuba Diving – Watching underwater life is made possible by the Tamarindo Costa Rica scuba diving experience. Off the coast of the Catalina Islands, divers can witness marine life or try their luck searching for a manta ray or a shark! Lessons are available for beginners.
8. Sport Fishing – World-class sport fishing is a past-time in Tamarindo. With a variety of boats accessible for vacationers, this is an ideal spot to catch pacific sailfish, yellowfin tuna, or wahoo. The perfect location to fish is only 10 miles off of the beach of Tamarindo.
9. Guanacaste Golfing – This 18-hole, 71 par course is perfect for the golfer on a tropical vacation. If you don’t want to play a full 18-hole game, there is a driving range near the course. Make sure to check tee-times and availability with any tour desk.
10. A Guachipelin Trip – A quick trip by boat from Tamarindo Costa Rica, you can visit the Rincon de la Vieja volcano. You can choose from a multitude of activities while visiting the volcano that include repelling, rock climbing or covering yourself with the therapeutic mud straight from the volcano!