When planning an Australian vacation, there are many wonderful and interesting places to visit. This is especially true if you plan to visit Sydney, Australia. This is a beautiful city that is alive with history, culture and a thriving nightlife. There are many fun and interesting things to do in Sydney including visiting the wonderful Darling Harbour restaurants during your vacation. Here we have compiled a list of the top 10 things to do in Sydney, Australia.
1. Sydney Opera House – This structure is one of the most recognizable buildings in the world. There are also tours available upon requests where visitors may learn many of the interesting Sydney Opera House facts. If given a chance to catch a show or concert, this should not be missed.
2. Royal Botanical Gardens – This is a wonderful way to enjoy a relaxing afternoon strolling through the beautifully landscaped gardens. There are hundreds of species of flora and fauna for visitors to learn about and enjoy.
3. Sydney Harbour Cruise – If looking for fun and relaxing things to do in Sydney, this is a great way to see the beauty of the Sydney coastline aboard one of the many cruises available.
4. Sydney’s Taronga Zoo – This is among the best things to do in Sydney, especially if you have children. This is also a great sanctuary for endangered animals and marine life.
5. Whale Watching – Enjoy a day out on the ocean and watch these magnificent mammals in their natural surroundings.
6. Three Sisters in the Blue Mountains – Take a drive up the Blue Mountains and view the three majestic rock formations and the breathtaking views of the natural beauty of Australia.
7. Jondabyne Horse Trekking – Enjoy a one hour horseback ride and enjoy the views of the valley and camp out under the stars.
8. Scuba Diving – Enjoy interacting with marine life off the Australian coast.
9. Yengo National Park – This huge park is over 70 km of wild landscape of steep gorges and rocky ridges. Most of the park is still considered wilderness.
10. Ellenborough Falls – This is one of the largest single drop waterfalls in the Southern Hemisphere. Visitors can enjoy the wood barbeques and picnic tables that area available as well.
It’s clear that any of these Sydney attractions will help to enhance your Australian experience and make your trip something that will never be forgotten. Whether visitors plan to enjoy views from the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Harbour Bridge climb or visit many of the amazing museums that are available, this trip is something not to be missed.