Top 10 Things To Do in Spokane WA
As you journey in the state of Washington, you might need to find things to do in Spokane, if you are in the area and you should know that there are quite a few attractions and activities that just might deserve a second-glance.
Here are the top 10 things to do in Spokane:
1. Journey to Mount Spokane State Park – One of the best things to do in Spokane is to spend the day at this state park which is just 30 minutes from downtown Spokane. Here you can see some incredible sights within the nature reserve or just camp out overnight and enjoy the peace and tranquility.
2. Go shopping at the Wonders of the World – This place has to be on your list of fun things to do in Spokane and just a bit unusual too. The shop has a number of rare items that have been flown in from every corner of the world. They have sculptures, fossils, ethnic art and more.
3. Dine on fresh fish, clams, lobster and other seafood – Anthony’s at Spokane is one of the top Spokane restaurants. They have fresh-caught everything and they also purchase all of their produce from the local farmers so it’s guaranteed. Their microbrews and wine selections are out of this world.
4. Dance the night away – Spokane nightlife is extra special when you spend it at Irv’s Bar. Don’t let the name turn you away, this club received awards for being the best and hottest around. It’s 6000 square feet and has two separate sections on is Irv’s and the other is simply called Irv’s Other Room.
5. Play Golf – One of the things to do in Spokane is take your golf game to the next level at The Creek at Qualchan. This is a professional-level golf course surrounded by a meandering creek that includes wooded areas, five ponds and hills like crazy.
6. Sample some wine – Barrister Winery is one of the top places to visit in Washington State because of their selection of superstar wines. They specialize in red wine and you can receive a private tour that includes a sample taste-test of the best they offer.
7. Go see the big cats – If your favorite animals are big and furry, this is one of the things to do in Spokane that you cannot miss. The Cat Tales Zoological Park is home to more than 40 Lions, Pumas, Leopards, Lynxes and other species. These endangered species are completely protected, but you can get as close as 8 feet.
8. Listen to beautiful music – The Spokane Symphony is mere minutes from the major hotels in Spokane so you can get dressed and step out on the town. They feature classical and chamber music. This 70-person orchestra puts on over 60 concerts just between the months of September and May alone.
9. Check out celebrity cars – At Carr’s One of a Kind Museum, you can see cars that once belonged to Elvis, JFK, Jackie Gleason and more. They also have other wonderful treasures inside.
10. Experience a one-of-a-kind martini – Head over to Bistango Martini Lounge and sample its own original concocted versions of martinis while listening to live music.