Finding things to do in Miami Beach isn’t difficult. The action is all around you and ten steps in any direction and you’ll find yourself in the heat of it.
Here is a piece of advice, follow this top 10 list of things to do in South Beach Miami.
1. Miami Beach Boardwalk on Ocean Drive – Let’s face it, when you go to South Beach, hitting up the boardwalk is one of the first cool things to do in Miami. The activities are unlimited. The beach scene is constantly active with swimmers, surfers, roller bladers, and tons and tons of people on bicycles and skateboards.
2. Nikki Beach Resort Club — Ultra posh and ultra chic dining experience. This club has a long reputation as being the flagship of the South Beach scene. This is the perfect place to have lunch or dinner. Their calendar stays jam packed with events, socials and seasonal festivals. Located at the helm of South Beach at 1 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach.
3. Tantra — A favorite among locals and visitors, Tantra has the long standing reputation of being at the forefront when it comes to romantic things to do in Miami. It’s distinction for fine dining make for a great date night. The restaurant menu tempts the senses and sensibilities with its self proclaimed aphrodisiac beauty cuisine. After dinner stay for drinks and dance the night away in their lounge. Tantra is located at 1445 Pennsylvania Ave. Miami Beach.
4. Art Deco District — This area is best known for the contemporary Art Deco style design of buildings that reach from Sixth Street to Dade Boulevard. Tourists can take a self guided walk or the Bike and Roll Art Deco Tour to learn about the culture, history, and architectural structures. Shopping and dining options are also readily available.
5. Nightlife – If you time it perfect, your nightlife experience can be one of those rare free things to do in Miami. Some hotels in South Beach offer VIP cards that allow guest to enter the popular nightclubs complimentary. Others hotels assist their guests by calling ahead to put their name on the clubs guest list. Remember timing is everything, so arrive early and dressed to impress for the best chances to gain entry in top clubs. See our Miami Nightlife Guide, which lists the 10 top hottest places.
6. Lincoln Road Mall – This premier shopping spot is one of the things to do in South Beach Miami. It is a pedestrian mall located between Alton Road and Washington Ave. Visitors can stop, shop and dine at unique retail stores, art galleries, street cafes and a bountiful Farmer’s Market on the weekends.
7. Bass Museum — Located in South Beach Miami, the Bass uses its unique location to attract a diverse group of patrons young and old alike. Their focus is in dynamic conversation pieces blended with contemporary art and their youth programs inspire creativity and positive growth.
8. Versace Mansion – Once home of the famed Italian Fashion Designer Gianni Versace, before his untimely death in 1997…now the mansion is among other tourist stops in a list of things to do in South Beach Miami.
9. Island Queen Cruises – Choose from several sightseeing tours offered by Island Queen. City tours include visiting South Beach along with a bout tour that takes you through Millionaires Row to see the homes of the fabulously rich and famous. Dance and booze cruises are also available.
10. Festivals – South Beach is a mecca when it comes to festivals. Long lists of events are scheduled year round so visit the City of Miami website for a calendar of events. Some festivals include the following: Food Networks South Beach Wine and Food Festival, Winter Party Festival, South Beach Comedy Festival and several music festivals.
As you have read, there is no shortage of things to do in South Beach Miami and there’s also no reason to choose just one. We recommend trying them all and seeing which things you like best.