Top 10 Things To Do in Santorini
On the remains of a volcanic explosion is Santorini, an island of Greece. This picturesque town is a perfect location for your Grecian vacation. Hidden in the beauty of historic Greece, an abundance of activities and different villages will fill out your vacation agenda. Here is just the beginning of fabulous things to do in Santorini.
1. The Archeological Museum – Located in the capital of the island of Santorini, Fira, this museum holds the secrets of the volcanic island. While discovering the rich history of the island, visitors can enjoy the Hellenistic and Roman sculptures.
2. Santorini Wine Museum – If you are looking to partake in the libations involved in the things to do in Santorini, search no further than the traditional wine museum in the village of Messaria. You can take a personal tour of the museum which offers an opportunity to experience the traditional Greece. Also, the museum offers a traditional Greek buffet on select days.
3. The Naval Museum – For the military buff in your group, visit the Naval Museum located in Oia, a town in northern Santorini. The museum is full of marine objects as well as a great description of the maritime history of the island.
4. Volcano Diving Center – Whether you are a novice or a pro scuba diver, the Volcano Diving Center can accommodate any experience level. These dives explore ship wreck sites as deep as 120 meters down into the seas of Greece. For added safety, all instructors are experienced and knowledgeable at any diving depth.
5. Perissa Beach – A Santorini vacation would be complete without a visit to the pristine beaches of the coasts of Fira. Incorporating a beach afternoon is a great way to unwind during a packed activity holidays in Greece. This beach has a unique beach full of black sand and many tourist attractions.
6. Rastoni – After visiting the Perissa beach, grab a cocktail or coffee at this café located right on the a port of Fira. Their Mediterranean cuisine will delight you just as much as their sunset view, perfect for a romantic moment.
7. Kallisti – Located in the Pygros village, this authentic Greecian restaurant will introduce you to the cuisine accompanying things to do in Santorini. At this genuine restaurant, you can meet the owner while sitting in the charming taverna. Kalisti’s mission is to perfect the art of cooking and hospitality.
8. El Greco Hotel – A perfect Greece vacation is not luxurious without this the majestic hotel Santorini. With a variety of rooms and activities located on the hotel grounds, this relaxing, luxury hotel is a perfect place to relax after sightseeing. Included on the hotel grounds are restaurants, pools, a café, and grounds to have a traditional Greece wedding.
9. Villas of Santorini – For a more homelike atmosphere while exploring the variety of things to do in Santorini, staying in a villa is the best option. Most villas are equipped with ocean views, kitchens, private bedrooms, and Jacuzzis or pools. Staying in the various Santorini villas can add a little romance or privacy to any Greece vacation.
10. The Princess Hotel Santorini – This luxurious spa and hotel is located in the village of Imerovigli, close to Fira. Whether you require a massage, a facial, or a manicure and pedicure, this spa is the perfect place to indulge in any relaxation technique. After your spa day, enjoy the room service of the hotel with the break taking view on the caldera.