Top 10 Things To Do in San Juan Puerto Rico
San Juan in Puerto Rico is one of the largest ports on the Caribbean. It is a great vacation destination and there are plenty of things to do in San Juan Puerto Rico on your vacation.
1. Puerto Rico Convention Center, a piece of architectural artwork and the largest in the entire Caribbean region, located in the historic district of Miramar in San Juan. It hold different venues, cultural events and conferences throughout a year and attracts many island visitors as it is a part of a larger entertainment complex, that includes a cinema, waterfront cafes and restaurants. You can spend a pleasant day to walk the area.
2. Luis A. Ferre Performing Arts Center, another big cultural place in San Juan Puerto Rico, features three main concert and theater halls for performing arts venues, including ballet, plays, operas and concerts, as well as contemporary music.
3. The Eco Action Tours offer many outdoor activities for the traveler looking for outside things to do in San Juan Puerto Rico. Try out your fishing techniques, visit a lagoon, or horseback ride on the island.
4. Visit Old San Juan and stay in one of the historical old San Juan hotels. Staying in old San Juan will make your accessibility to the tours of the town much easier. On a tour of the area, you can visit the cathedral, the governor’s mansion, and the fort El Morro.
5. Visit the leading rum distillery in the world at the Bacardi factory Puerto Rico. With over 100,000 gallons of rum produced every day, this destination is great for the rum lover looking to sample different varieties.
6. Visit the small island of Vieques. This is the one of the most beautiful getaway spots, perfect for a Puerto Rico honeymoon. Local ferries depart from San Juan daily, a perfect way to take a day trip to the picturesque beach.
7. Underwater things to do in San Juan Puerto Rico are easy to find with PADI, the world’s largest diving company. Certified and non certified divers can enjoy a swim through the corals or just take a boat ride that travels on top of the water.
8. Visit Ponce, home to many museums in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Whether you enjoy art, music, or architecture, there is a museum for you in this village.
9. Discover the underground things to do in San Juan Puerto Rico with the Camuy Caverns. This cave system is one of the largest in the world. You can experience the caverns through a trolley tour and then walk around the trails.
10. Visit the Tanama River. While you are there, try rappelling down the rocks around the multiple waterfalls and rivers.