Top 10 Things To Do In San Diego With Kids
1. Sea World tops our list of the best things to do in San Diego with kids due to thrilling and amazing sea creature encounters your children will face. Whether you come here to see the world’s famous Shamu show or pet dolphins and sea turtles or perhaps witness shark feedings, you will experience a day filled with sheer joy and endless fun.
2. San Diego Zoo is one of the most outstanding things to do in San Diego with kids. Rated among top five zoos in the country, it is a pioneer among zoos in establishing so called “cageless” animal exhibits. Top of the line facilities, immaculately maintained grounds and the most unique inhabitants are here for you to explore and come back year after year.
3. San Diego Zoo Safari Park located within a short drive from San Diego in Escondido, CA also deserves to be mentioned among the best things to do in San Diego with kids. The safari park offers the most unique explorations of African animals that you can venture on ranging from tram adventures, cart rides or even super cool two wheel personal transporters X2. Marvel at giraffes, rhinos, wild cats, apes and many other animas that traditionally inhabit the African plains.
4. Old Town San Diego is very often compared with the cradle of California; many believe that this is where California started. You kids or grandkids will have a plethora of places to explore, including historical school house, sheriff’s building, heritage museums and also plenty of places to satisfy their sweet tooth cravings like at the Old Town Mexican Café where traditional Mexican sweet breads are served.
5. Mission Bay San Diego is the best area in town to bring kids to enjoy a long day of swimming and frolicking in the sand. Mission Bay area beaches boast calm waters vs. open ocean high waves you likely to experience at other beaches in San Diego. No matter if you favor swimming, wind surfing, boating and even biking, you will find it all here at Mission Bay.
6. Legoland San Diego is a must visit attraction especially if you have a Lego fan in your family. The Legoland features an endless list of rides and attractions including life size animals, mini-replicas of famous buildings and landmarks in the US made of millions of Lego blocks.
7. Balboa Park is the ultimate mega play zone for the little ones and their parents. Any traveler coming to San Diego simply must visit Balboa Park and its famous landmarks including San Diego Zoo, San Diego Natural History Museum, Hall of Champions and many others. Adults, on the other hand, can pick from a vast selection of museums, gardens and performing arts venues.
8. Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theater boasts performances virtually all year round. The Theatre seats 200 people and modest ticket prices ranging from $3 per adult and $2 for a kid makes any family outing one of the most budget friendly.
9. San Diego beaches are not only among the best free things to do in San Diego, they are also some of the most kid friendly environments you can set foot in San Diego. Pack some sand toys, a blanket and some snacks and head to enjoy fantastic family times during your travel to San Diego. According to travel gurus, Coronado beach is among the finest and well-equipped beaches in the country.
10. Belmont Park is the last but not least attraction on our list of the best things to do in San Diego with kids because it’s the ultimate beach front theme park that offers plenty of water and land rides you are unlikely to find anywhere else in the country.