Top 10 Things To Do In Rome With Kids
Traveling with children can sometimes pose a challenge, but luckily, there are quite a few things to do in Rome with kids. If you have children who are naturally inquisitive, your sightseeing may be a bit more adventurous than if your children are laid back and easy-going.
Regardless of their personality, there are so many fun things to do in Rome that no one will get bored.
The top 10 things to do in Rome with kids are as follows:
- St. Peter’s Square – A great place to take your kids, but make sure you arrive super-early and limit your time to an hour or two max. Be sure to visit Bernini’s Colonnade so the kids can see how the columns disappear.
- The Vatican – Visiting the Vatican is not only historical, but also filled with shiny objects that always appeal to small children; this time, they are encouraged to touch and feel.
- Explora Children’s Museum –This is the only museum that encourages ‘hands on’ experiences. It even features a miniature bus for the little ones to drive.
- Piazza Celimontana Playground – A typical playground surrounded by ancient cities and ruins. This area comes complete with swings and climbing structures. One of the more popular things to do in Rome with kids.
- Villa Borghese Park – Makes the list of Rome Italy attractions for kids because it has a mini-train, a petting zoo, merry-go-round and a puppet theater. You can even take a boat ride and see swans swimming in the lake.
- Cavalieri Hilton Swimming Pool – Complete with kiddie and adult swimming pools. Perfect for a dip during hotter weather, one of the best things to do in Rome for the little ones.
- Campo Dei Fiori – A huge outdoor food court where all of the locals dote on children. They are famous for offering gifts of fruit to smaller kids.
- The Colosseum – Perfect for getting your kids to use their imaginations as you regale stories of old, they can pretend to be gladiators or even lions and tigers.
- Janiculum Hill – During the weekends, they perform puppet shows and although it is in Italian, children will grasp the story lines and follow along quite easily.
- Forno del Ghetto – Perfect in size for parents with small children and filled with sugary delights.
- Taking a trip to Rome with your children can be both fun and exciting as long as you prepare ahead of time. As you can see, there are a number of things to do in Rome with kids and as an adult, you will be fully entertained as well.
Please continue reading along to the next article, which will give you more information about Rome, Italy.