Top 10 Things To Do in Quebec City
1. Stay at a Luxurious Boutique Hotel – There are a number of small Old Quebec City hotels, many of which offer a unique and very pampering overnight experience. You will probably pay a little more, but the old saying about getting what you pay for is true in this case.
2. Enjoy Fine Dining – There are many fine dining establishments in Quebec City, and all of them offer something special or unique. Whether you want a quick and simple snack or a five star gourmet meal you can easily find what you are looking for.
3. Party and Drink – Quebec City has some of the best nightlife and a number of popular drinking spots to choose from. The people are usually very friendly, and they know how to have a good time.
4. Go Shopping in Petit Champlain – This is the oldest shopping district anywhere in North America, and you will find many treasures and bargains here. This beautiful lower town sits below Old Quebec City and is a wonderful place to spend some time. While in Petit Champlain guests can tour the home of the Parliament Buildings as well as the Grand Allee and Rue Saint Jean. After a long day of sightseeing, guests can relax at one of wonderful restaurants and bistros. There are also many wonderful local stores to buy those perfect souvenirs to remember your trip to Petit Champlain.
5. Wander Through The Civilization Museum – The Civilization Museum is one of the top things to do in Quebec City for many people. First inaugurated in 1988, the Civilization Museum is located in the historic capitol of Quebec City. The Civilization Museum projects a new as well as a dynamic outlook of all of the human experience. There are many intriguing exhibits, and you can learn about past civilizations. There are several exhibits which portray an interesting variety of educational and cultural activities. This is a wonderful place to visit for the entire family.
6. Les Dames de Soie – This is listed as one of the top things to do in Quebec City with kids for anyone who enjoys dolls, or their history. This is a great place to visit, especially if you are the parent of a little girl. Visitors can enjoy the Les Dames de Soie with its many wonderful exhibits of all different types of dolls. In addition guests can learn about the history of the dolls as well as watching demonstrations of the real-time doll-making process. To complete the tour, visitors may purchase their own doll at the gift shop to commemorate the visit to the Les Dames de Soie.
7. Cruise St. Lawrence River – Cruises along the St. Lawrence are listed as one of the best things to do in Quebec City, especially for couples looking for romance. Whether choosing to take a river cruise or just walk along the banks of the St. Lawrence River, visitors may enjoy many wonderful rustic landscapes and beautiful cliffs. The St. Lawrence River flows eastward over 1200km and widens to form the largest and deepest estuary in the world. If you are lucky you will be able to enjoy watching the whales and other marine life.
8. Hike Canyon St Anne – When visiting the beautiful country of Canada one of the best places to go to is the Canyon Ste Anne located near Quebec City. Three levels of suspension bridges will take you past a 74 meter towering waterfall, and some of the most beautiful landscapes found anywhere in the world as well as the 60 meter bridge that rises above this magnificent canyon. There are many guided tours as well as rock climbing packages for anyone interested in the beautiful Canyon Ste Anne scenery.
9. Bike Through The Countryside – Biking through the countryside surrounding the city is one of the favorite things to do in Quebec City, for visitors and those who live here. The terrain is gorgeous, and the views are incredible. While this may not be a regular feature of most Quebec City tours it should be.
10. Experience Carnival – Carnival is one of the top Quebec City attractions, and this festival is like nothing you have probably ever seen before. The entire city comes together to celebrate and have a good time.