Top 10 Things To Do In Paris
Paris, France is one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in the world. There are several fun and interesting things to do in Paris. Whether you are visiting on vacation or a resident of Paris, you will find that there is no shortage of things to see in Paris. Here we have a list of the top 10 things to do in Paris.
1. Louvre Museum – This is the most visited as well as the finest museum in the world making it number one on our top 10 list of things to do in Paris. Visitors will marvel at the 35,000 pieces depicting the magnificent history of France.
2. Eiffel Tower – This is the symbol for Paris, also named the City of Light. Some well-known Eiffel Tower facts are include that while standing 300 meters tall, when it was constructed it was nearly twice the height of the Washington Monument which at that time was the tallest structure in the world. The Eiffel Tower held this position for nearly forty years until the construction of the Chrysler Building in1930.
3. Versailles Chateau – This is known as the Palace of Versailles where guests will be able to enjoy the beautifully designed furniture of the former home of Louis XVI and his wife Marie Antoinette. In addition to the palace, visitors may enjoy the Queens Hamlet, Hall of Mirrors as well as elaborate gardens.
4. Towers of Notre Dame – The construction of this elaborate building began in 1160 and was completed within forty years. In 1200 the North Arm was built and between the 13th and 14th centuries the Chapels of Notre Dame were built. Visitors may climb the 422 steps to the top of the towers and enjoy magnificent views of the city.
5. Arc De Triomphe – This is the most iconic and recognizable building in Paris. The walls are decorated with friezes of battle scenes along with the names of Napoleon’s victories. From the top visitors will marvel at the breathtaking views of the Louvre, Place de la Concorde as well as the Champs Elysees.
6. Grevin Wax Museum – this is one of the more fun things to do in Paris. Visitors will enjoy visiting with the life-like figures of Louis XIV and Jean Lafontaine as well as learning how they were created.
7. Bateaux Parisians river Cruise – Enjoy the lights of the city as you cruise the Seine.
8. Loire Valley Castles – Visit one or several of the castles such as Chateaux Ambroise and Chateaux de Beauregard.
9. Musee d’Orsay – This museum is free on the first Sunday of every month. Enjoy the photographic displays as well as the history of this historical building from train station to museum.
10. Saint-Vincent Garden – Stroll through these beautifully landscaped gardens with an amazing variety of plants and flowers. Of all of the top 10 things to do in Paris, this should not be missed. Enjoy the day as you stop to smell the roses.
Whichever of these top 10 things to do in Paris that visitors choose to do, they will walk away with a greater understanding and appreciation for the history and culture of Paris.