Top 10 Things To Do in Ocho Rios Jamaica
1. Visit Dunn’s River Falls and Park – One of the top ten things to do in Ocho Rios Jamaica is to visit Dunn’s River Falls And Park. The falls are a top attraction, and you can make use of the numerous observation posts to watch the climbers go up six hundred feet to the top of the falls.
2. Explore The Marine Life – Jamaica vacation packages that include marine animal opportunities are a big draw to the island. The wise variety of fish and animals in the ocean is amazing, and exciting to watch.
3. Enjoy Mystic Mountain – While there are lots of things to do in Ocho Rios Jamaica, only one takes you through the rainforest at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour: Rain Forest Adventure’s Mystic Mountain. Jamaica and all her achievements are celebrated in the Mystic Pavilion, seated atop the Mystic Mountain. From there, you can catch a ride on the SkyExplorer Jamaica and view the lush paradise of the rainforest from 700 ft. above; swim in the Mystic Waterslide and Infinity Edge Pool; or fly through the forest canopy from platform to platform through nearly 100 meters of zip line. The Bobsled Jamaica ride barrels through the forest at the rider’s own pace, either leisurely or at high speed with the use of a hand brake.
4. Take a Wilderness ATV Tour – If you want to see the rainforest up close, the Wilderness ATV Tour offers an exciting ride through Jamaica’s hidden splendor. Board your own ATV and follow trained guides, called Bushmasters, down lush trails, across roads overlooking forest-covered mountains, and eventually ending at the very top of Ocho Rio’s highest peak. From there, Ocho Rio’s beautiful coast stretches out before you. Two tours are available, the premium Wilderness ATV Tour stops at the Dunn River Falls where you can dip into its waters and climb its falls. These tours offer things to do in Ocho Rios Jamaica for anyone wanting an adventure off the paved roads.
5. Relax and Enjoy The View – One of the most desired things to do in this area is to relax and enjoy the stunning vistas that Ochos Rios offers. The beach at sunset is just one of the many scenic views that you will enjoy.
6. Spend a Day at Dolphin Cove – Few things to do in Ocho Rios Jamaica will leave you with such distinctive memories as a swim with live dolphins in Dolphin Cove. Dolphin Cove, Jamaica is a truly unique experience, tailored to fit your budget. All of the marine animal interaction programs come with a stop at the entrance to Dolphin Cove, Little Port Royal. This miniature reproduction of Port Royal has restaurants and shops, shows, and chance encounters with pirates. The interaction packages include swimming with rays and other fish, playing or with dolphins, and holding real sharks.
7. Sunbathe on The Beach – Some Ocho Rios hotels have a private beach just for guests, while others are near public beaches. Either way you can sunbathe and swim until you are tired of it.
8. Walk Through Coyaba Gardens – The Coyaba Gardens is a hidden gem among things to do in Ocho Rios Jamaica. The site of the Coyaba Gardens once stood on the Shaw Park Plantation, which dates back the earliest days of British colonization. Now the original plantation is the Museum of Island History, which displays artifacts from the history of indigenous Arawak people, and the British and Spanish rule. These gardens are a spectacular collection of flora from around Jamaica, secluded in natural streams and rock formations. The tour begins at the Museum of Island History, which focuses heavily on the nearly forgotten artwork and history of the indigenous peoples of Jamaica: the Taino and Arawak cultures. From there, stroll through the gardens on a guided tour that explains in depth the vegetation that thrive there, including bits of spices to try including cinnamon and allspice. Finish off the tour in a relaxing courtyard and enjoy Blue Mountain coffee beside a natural aquarium filled with fish and turtles.
9. Climb The Mahoe Falls – If you are looking for things to do in Ocho Rios Jamaica not overcrowded with tourists, enjoy the Mahoe Falls. The Mahoe Falls are not as large as the Dunn Falls, but are secluded in their walls of banyan trees and colorful flowers. Climb the falls, or enjoy a relaxing dip in the natural pool at the falls’ end. Mahoe Falls is one of the most exciting of the Ocho Rios excursions.
10. Take a Glass Bottom Boat or Kayak Ride – A glass bottom boat ride is one of the best things to do in Ocho Rios Jamaica, and you can wonder at the colorful and exotic marine life without getting in the water at all.