Top 10 Things To Do in Norfolk VA
Vacationers planning a Virginia vacation will be thrilled at the abundance and variety of things to do in Norfolk VA. History buffs and fun-seekers alike are sure to have a memorable time at the many Norfolk tourist attractions. It can be hard to sort through all of the options, so if you want to be sure to pack the most fun into your vacation, your best bet is to do some research and plan an itinerary or you can just read this list of top ten things to do in Norfolk:
1. The Virginia Zoo Norfolk houses just about every animal you can imagine and is a great, family-friendly way to spend the day.
2. Explore the vast Norfolk Botanical Garden. Take a tram ride through the park and a boat ride through the channels and enjoy the beautiful scenery of flowers in bloom and wild animals at play.
3. Watch dolphins and view the scenic Virginia Beach coastline when you sail on the American Rover Tall Ship.
4. Featuring a planetarium and an observatory, Virginia Living Museum is sure to please visitors of all ages.
5. Visit Cape Henry Lighthouse, America’s oldest government-built lighthouse uniquely located in the middle of an active military base.
6. History buffs must take the trip to Colonial Williamsburg and step back in time to eighteenth-century America.
7. Visit the Nauticus National Maritime Center, one of most family-friendly things to do in Norfolk VA, and enjoy interactive exhibits and touch pools.
8. The Chrysler Museum of Art houses a world-class private art collection and is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the oceanfront hotels in Virginia Beach, if you’d like to take a short detour.
9. Take a sight-seeing cruise on the Carrie B. Harbor, voted Virginia’s best tour of its type.
10. Sports fans can take in a Norfolk Nighthawks arena football game at the Scope Arena.
Norfolk is full of stimulating sights, sounds and activities, suited for all ages and all types. Have a well-rounded vacation experience by visiting the attractions on this list of things to do in Norfolk VA and ensure yourself a trip you won’t soon forget.