Top 10 Things To Do in Newcastle Upon Tyne
Are you looking into flights to Newcastle? If so, you need some ideas for things to do in Newcastle upon Tyne. Newcastle upon Tyne is a charming and bustling city on the east side of England, situated on the banks of the river Tyne, and has a lot of scenic beauty to offer its visitors. Here is some Newcastle tourist information that highlights the top ten best things to do in Newcastle upon Tyne:
1. Explore the coastline, which is lined with clean, white sandy beaches and sand dunes.
2. Travel inland and explore the many castles spread across the landscape.
3. Visit Hadrian’s Wall. A relic of the Roman Empire that was built as a defensive boundary and was once eighty miles long, expansive sections of it still stand today as a reminder of Newcastle’s rich history.
4. Those looking into Newcastle accommodation will be delighted to find that there are a number of hotels in Newcastle upon Tyne to suit a wide variety of tastes, ranging from ultra-modern to charming and historical.
5. If you are traveling with children, spend a day at Seven Stories, a children’s museum sure to delight the little ones.
6. Take a guided tour through St. James Park. Home of the Newcastle United football team and its stadium, St. James Park tours are both inexpensive and informative for anyone interested in the game or the history of football.
7. Of the free things to do in Newcastle upon Tyne, the Discovery Museum, a science and history museum, is fun for the entire family.
8. If you’re in the mood for a day of pampering and relaxation, spend some time at the City Pool, a beautiful Turkish bath located in the city center.
9. Take in the sights of the historical architecture and Italianate gardens of Wallington House.
10. Take a stroll down Grey Street and explore its shops and restaurants.
As you can see, there are many fun and interesting things to do in Newcastle upon Tyne. So set your itinerary and enjoy your trip!