Top 10 Things To Do In New York City With Kids
New York City is an amazing city that is alive with history, culture and excitement. There are many fun and educational things to do in New York City with kids. There are also many free things to do in New York City as well as many fun things that are inexpensive. Between the museums such as the famous Metropolitan Museum of Art as well as art galleries and an abundance of theatres and restaurants. Here we have carefully selected a list of the top ten things to do in New York City with kids.
1. Horseback Riding – You don’t have to go to the country to enjoy horseback riding. You can go to the Bronx Equestrian Center and learn English or Western ridding and enjoy a leisurely ride through the park.
2. Le Poisson Rouge – This is a version of Studio 54 for the younger set. Children under 7 will be able to enjoy dancing under disco lights amidst balloons and bubbles to music from the 70’s and 80’s.
3. Broadway – Broadway shows are not just for adults. There are many shows appropriate for children such as The Lion King.
4. Wollman Rink – Children and adults may learn how to ice skate before enjoying a hot chocolate.
5. Museum of the Moving Image – Parents and children can learn about the fascinating history of movies, video games and the digital arts. Play such vintage video games such as Frogger and Donkey Kong.
6. Tribeca Performing Arts Center – Kids can enjoy many different musicals such as, “Laura Ingalls Wilder: Growing up on the Prairie”.
7. Central Park Zoo and Tisch Children’s Zoo – This is one of the most popular things to do in New York City with kids. There are many animal exhibits such as Sea Lions, Snow Leopards and Monkeys to name a few.
8. Brooklyn Bridge Park and Conservatory – This is one of the most fun things to do in New York City. Visitors can enjoy movies, boating and several fun and educational programs featuring many Brooklyn Bridge facts.
9. Empire State Building Tours – This is something that must be done when in New York City. Views from the 102nd floor observatory extend over 80 miles.
10. Coney Island – One of the most enjoyable things to do in New York City with kids, this is something that children and adults alike will enjoy. Open from about Easter until Halloween, there are over fifty rides and attractions as well as the New York Aquarium and the Coney Island Museum.
It’s easy to see that there are many wonderful things to do in New York City with kids that are inexpensive as well as fun for the entire family.