Top 10 Things To Do in New Delhi – Tips For Visitors!
You and your family or friends will find so many things to do in New Delhi, India because this is the capital city and where everything happens first. However, it is very easy to fall into the many tourist traps as soon as you walk out of the airport, beginning with the taxis.
You will probably want to discover the things to do in New Delhi and forget that there are masters of manipulation out there just waiting to take advantage of you. Should this occur, you could quickly find your vacation taking a downward spiral and this will spoil your memories of this wondrous city.
To assist you and guide you in the right direction, here are the top 10 things to do in New Delhi:
1. Visit Lal Qula – Also known as Red Fort Delhi is a combination of fantastic architecture and history. India is packed with so much beauty and this museum, built on a fort is the perfect stop for visitors to behold its natural wonders.
2. Be overwhelmed at Crafts Museum – Of all the places to visit in Delhi, this museum has the most artifacts, over 20,000. They vary from folk art, to needlework and paintings. They have mud huts, carving, weaving and pottery.
3. Tour a mausoleum – Humayun’s Tomb – Is one of the top tourist attractions in India, by far. It represents the original Persian or Iranian influences in architecture in this part of the world. The structure is created from red sandstone dating back to the 16th century.
4. See a mosque – Jami Masjid is one of the most religious things to do in New Delhi, as it is the largest of its kind in India. It can accommodate thousands of Muslims, all devout in prayer and worship at the same time.
5. Walk through a garden – Have a picnic or just take a long walk through the lush Lodi Gardens and allow your senses to take in the beauty, colors and peaceful surroundings. There are massive trees to provide shade on a sunny day and many tombs, all decorated along a bridge of ornaments. It is a spectacular sight making this one of the more peaceful things to do in New Delhi.
6. See the home of the Prime Minister – India’s original Prime Minister called Nehru Memorial Museum home until 1964, when he passed away. Today, many of the rooms on display remain untouched. They even have a planetarium.
7. Spend a day at a shrine – Nizamuddin Dargah is considered the shrine of utmost importance and is part of a pilgrimage for Indian Muslims. This is a place of high honor and respect, so it is important that you have this frame of mind when visiting. Hazrat Nizamuddin Aulia was a mystic and this why his shrine is so highly favored.
8. See the second Taj Mahal – Qutub Minar is a huge complex that many consider as the second Taj Mahal. There are many ruins on the grounds, including the original mausoleum for Muslims.
9. Pay homage to India’s famous political family – The Gandhi’s Mohandas, Indira and their son were all cremated at Raj Ghat and national Gandhi Museum. There are several important sculptures and paintings here as well.
10. Book a tour with some of the hotels in New Delhi India – The National Museum always offers private tours so you and your guests can enjoy the whole museum and the galleries in peace and quiet. You will have personalized attention as your guide takes you along three floors telling 5000 years worth of Indian history.