Top 10 Things To Do in Nepal For First-Timers
Although the land is rugged and somewhat intense, there are lots of things to do in Nepal for first-timers. You may not have the time to see every attraction, but you should make sure you at least spend time exploring the temples and setting foot on Mount Everest.
The top 10 things to do in Nepal for first-timers include:
1. Nepal trekking tours – One of the most popular is Tea House Trekking. You do not need fancy gear because the treks are all within the villages or settlements. Perfect for families with children.
2. Jungle Safari – Since Royal Chitwan National Park is one of the best places to visit in Nepal, why not spend the day on a jungle safari viewing all types of nature, including rhinos and tigers along the way.
3. Watch Elephant Polo – This is one of the things to do in Nepal that is unique to this region. Nowhere else in the world can you see elephants and their riders playing polo in an arena, while the crowd cheers for their favorite team.
4. Go to Sagarmatha – This is the home of Mount Everest. You will need to dress in appropriate climbing Mount Everest gear, which includes hiking boots, gloves and parka. Although this is a very high mountain, even novice climbers can trek a few meters up, with a guide and enjoy the beauty of the land.
5. Devil’s Fall – This is one of the more exciting things to do in Nepal because of the massive waterfall. You will need to hire an experienced guide to trek to this area, but once you arrive, you can explore the underground passage underneath.
6. Goddess Temple – Many first-timers consider this a must out of all the things to do in Kathmandu. According to their religious beliefs, the goddess recognizes all who greet her from her balcony and they receive a special blessing of good fortune.
7. Mahendra Gupha – Taking a trip to this bat cave is always one of the fun things to do in Nepal, especially during the early morning hours, while the bats sleep. Your guide will provide you with torches to view the stalagmites, stalactites and all of the bats.
8. Lumbini – Since Nepal is a very sacred place for Buddhists, this is a perfect way to get a history lesson among the monuments, set on top of a mountain. In addition, you will be surrounded by lotus blossom flowers, which make this a very serene attraction as well as historical. You will have an abundant amount of photo opportunities here.
9. Rent a motorcycle – One of the things to do in Nepal is to hit the roads on a motorcycle. They are geographically exceptional and allow you to see more sites than on a standard tour because the speed limits are very low in Nepal.
10. White Water Rafting – Find a Nepal travel guide who can recommend exploring the rivers for a one-of-a-kind rafting adventure. They have a number of day trips that range from gentle, 2 and 3-grade to world-class.