Top 10 Things To Do in Maldives For First-Timers!
Landing in any part of the Maldives Islands can be overwhelming due to the astonishing pure beauty of the destination. Situated in the Indian Island, not many areas look like this. First time visitors will surely have a mind blowing experience at first glance. Once the shock wears off, here is a list of the top 10 things to do in Maldives for your first visit.
1. Scuba Diving – Considered to be the world’s best place for diving, there are several Maldives scuba diving centers in the islands with certified instructors to help you navigate and discover the underwater coral reefs and marine life.
2. Snorkeling – If diving 50 meters is not for you, there are plenty of marine life to be spotted while snorkeling off the shore from your beach bungalow or water villa.
3. Night Fishing – A popular pastime with the possibilities of reaping many rewards. The boats set sail around dusk, taking eager fishermen/women just outside the atoll in hopes of landing a bounty of sleepless fish.
4. Surfing – This sport isn’t only reserved for Hanging Ten in Hawaii. It is also a favorite as the waves crash to shore from the Indian Ocean. Tourists can rent boards from the hotel’s water sports facilities.
5. Beaches – Idyllic and serene are the words of choice to describe the beaches of Maldives. Peace and relaxation are a forced consequence which you won’t fight against. There are so many things to do in Maldives, this may be the one place suited best for doing absolutely nothing.
6. Island Hopping – The Maldives consists of nearly 1,200 islands so hopping around to several can be a treat. Many of the local resorts will be able to arrange a chartered boat or tour to take you to the other islands nearby to see all the things to do in Maldives other islands.
7. Cruising Maldives – A romantic sunset cruise is a must for all first timers. As the sun treats for the evening, peace and tranquility will set in as well. Enjoy the night sky by stargazing and be in amazement by the clarity being in such a remote part of the world brings. Many couples pre arrange cruises as part of their Maldives honeymoon packages.
8. Sightseeing — One place that needs to be on your list to see is the Conrad Maldives Rangali Resort. Make dinner reservations at this Maldives underwater hotel that boosts 8 international restaurants.
9. Seaplane Tours – A cross between a plane and helicopter, this is a super fun and quick way to see nearly the entire 1,200 island in the Maldives plus the atoll and reefs.
10. Marine Life Safaris — Safari is just a fancy word for spotting out animals and in this case Maldives offers dolphin and snorkeling safaris. So grab a pair of binoculars for these Maldives attractions and get ready for a marine expedition of a lifetime.
Maldives is an incredible destination for couples families and friends. There are no shortages of things to do in Maldives so everyone should be able to find something they can enjoy while visiting.