Top 10 Things To Do in Los Angeles With Kids
Los Angeles attractions are plentiful and it is a great city, full of cool sights around every corner. If you are planning a family vacation here, you’ve picked a perfect destination. Our top ten list will help you navigate the city and find all the fun things to do in Los Angeles with kids.
1. Disneyland – Might as well start at one of the most important Los Angeles landmarks for kids. Take your entire family to see Mickey Mouse and Minnie and the whole Disney clan of characters. There are rides and shows geared for every age and photo opportunities with Mickey and friends.
2. Universal Studios Hollywood – Offers attractions, rides, studio tours and a City Walk, what kid wouldn’t love to go here? It has everything under the sun and more to spark the interest and maintain the attention of all children. You can even turn a day of fun into a Season Pass if you plan to return often.
3. Kidscape Children’s Museum – Big buttons and things that make a lot of noise will stimulate young minds at Los Angeles museums. This one is recommend for small children ages 3 to 6 years old.
4. Eco Station – Gives kids the chance to take a walk on the wild side. The Eco Station is a wildlife rescue facility where kids get to be hands on with snakes, reptiles and amphibians. Also a place for learning about how these animals are important to our eco system.
5. Travel Town Museum – A focus on trains are the main attraction. Children can see full scale locomotives, cabooses and freight cars up close and personal. If you’re looking for things to do in Los Angeles with kids, this would be a fun day with free admission included.
6. Six Flags Magic Mountain – Take your kids to this huge amusement park and let them play all day. The Magic Mountain roller coaster is the epicenter of the park and offers a thrilling and exhilarating rush as riders are propelled down the tracks.
7. Laguna de San Gabriel Nautical Playground – Over 45 years old and now a part of the California State Registry of Historic Places, this special playground is like a dream world come true. It is equipped with a sea dragon slide, a pink whale and a silly grey octopus that brings joy and laughter to children upon arrival to the park. Hours of fun can be had here and it stands out as one of the coolest things to do in Los Angeles with kids.
8. Raging Waters – One of the largest water parks in Southern California. It’s a water park that has everything you’ve always wanted in a water park. It won’t disappoint as the entire family can come float down the lazy river or slip and slide down Splash Island Adventure.
9. Hollywood Walk of Fame – Your kids will get a kick out of seeing the stars on the sidewalk. Make a game out of it by counting all the celebrities your kids know or remember. This is free entertainment and don’t forget to take your camera too.
10. Museums – The Children’s Museum Los Angeles is currently undergoing renovations to bring a bigger and better learning center to the children of LA and other tourists. Upon its opening new exhibits will be revealed to give children more opportunities to grow, learn and stimulate brain power.
Kids of all ages will enjoy a vacation in Los Angeles. Tinsel town is sure to leave a glimmer in their eye, especially if they have any celebrity spotting.