Top 10 Things To Do in Lexington KY
If you’re planning a trip to Lexington, you will no doubt want to look in the variety of things to do in Lexington KY. Lexington, in Kentucky’s Bluegrass Region and often referred to as The Horse Capital of the World, is chock-full of Kentucky tourist attractions sure to stimulate the senses of any visitor. Sort through your options with help of this list of top ten things to do in Lexington KY:
1. Stroll through the grounds and gardens of Ashland, the six-hundred acre estate of statesman Henry Clay. Tour the museum, now a National Historic Landmark, and walk through the opulent eighteen-room mansion.
2. No trip to Lexington would be complete without a trip to the Kentucky Horse Park. Truly one of the premier Lexington Kentucky attractions, the twelve-thousand acre horse farm is home to over fifty breeds of horses, two museums, and twin theatres.
3. Take a trip back in time when you tour the Mary Todd Lincoln House, the completely refurbished home of Honest Abe’s wife and a fascinating look at American history.
4. Hands-on exhibits and an imagination-sparking environment make the children’s museum Explorium one of the best things to do in Lexington KY with kids.
5. Hike through Raven Run Nature Sanctuary and enjoy the serene surroundings of meadows, forests, creeks, wildflowers and also some fascinating landmarks.
6. Enjoy a concert or live arts performance at the Lexington Opera House.
7. Rent a cottage or pitch a tent at the Kentucky State Parks for an idyllic vacation off the beaten path.
8. Take in a sports game or some live music at the Rupp Arena.
9. The Arboretum features acres of scenic nature views, walking and jogging trails, is open year round, and is free!
10. Bring a camera and take a walk through picturesque Lexington Cemetery. Established in 1824, Lexington Cemetery is hailed as one of America’s most beautiful such sites.
Once you’ve taken a look at this list of top things to do in Lexington KY, you will need to look into accommodations. There are many Lexington KY hotels to choose from, so do some research, book a room, and plan on a trip to remember!