Top 10 Things To Do In Hamburg
Germany is a beautiful country alive with history and culture. While much of the history of Germany is very tragic, that has not stopped them from making this one of the best ways to travel Germany. When traveling to Germany, one should not miss visiting one of the most popular German tourist destinations, Hamburg. There are many fun and exciting things to do in Hamburg that should not be passed up. Here, we have compiled a list of the top ten things to do in Hamburg, Germany.
1. Miniatur Wunderland – This is one of the most popular Hamburg attractions. Visitors will enjoy the detail and beauty of the largest model train exhibit in the world.
2. Park Planten un Blomen – This is extensive botanical gardens. Visitors may enjoy walking through the over 47 hectares of fountains, manicured lawns and floral displays. There is an amazing rose garden as well as the apothecary garden to view.
3. Hamburger Kunsthalle – This modern art museum is a piece of art in its own right as well as the largest art museum in Germany. Guests will be able to view works by Max Lieberman, Marc Brandenburg and Rembrandt.
4. Hamburg Zoo – This is home to over 1850 species of animals. Hamburg Zoo has helped to breed many threatened species such as orangutans, Asian elephants and giant otters.
5. St. Nikolai Memorial – This is the oldest church in all of Hamburg making it the most historic of all the things to do in Hamburg. Visitors will enjoy panoramic views when they take the viewing lift up to the viewing platform located 250 feet above ground. Guests will also learn much about this historic city from the political and historical exhibitions.
6. Planetarium Hamburg – Guests will enjoy the many constellations while visiting this planetarium which is considered one of the most advanced in the world.
7. International Maritime Museum – This is a great location to visit if you are interested in boats and cruising. Visitors may enjoy several tours including a pirate tour and a museum highlights tour. There is also a café and gift shop to enjoy after your tour is complete.
8. Hamburger Dom – This is a great fun and free day out. Visitors to this large bizarre will enjoy games, rides, food and shopping. This is one of the best things to do in Hamburg while on a budget. This is a great way to spend the day without having to search for restaurants in Hamburg since there are several eateries inside the bizarre.
9. BallinStadt – Also known as the Port of Dreams, guests will get a first-hand look at this emigration museum. There are replicated living quarters where emigrants would wait for the ship to arrive to bring them to the New World. There is also a research center where guests can do a free genealogy search.
10. Prototype Car Museum – This wonderful museum has many automobile displays of Porsche and other German made cars.
When planning your trip to Hamburg, Germany these are just some of the exciting and fun things to do in Hamburg. Most of these attractions are centrally located to several hotels in Hamburg, making your trip easy and convenient.