Top 10 Things To Do in Gatlinburg Tennessee
There are a great number of things to do in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. So many, in fact, that you may find it difficult to experience everything in one trip. You can remedy this by planning to stay for at least a week.
When you visit this area, your first stop should be the Great Smoky Mountains National Park because it has some of the most beautiful trails and views. You can pick some that are very easy and others that will challenge your endurance.
The top 10 things to do in Gaitlinburg, Tennessee include:
1. Hiking – Some of the most exciting Smoky Mountain Trails are Alum Cave and Chimney Top. Both are less than 5 miles long, but filled with panoramic views and geological features.
2. Camping – Discover the great outdoors by spending a few nights camping in the various campgrounds.
3. Fishing – Other great things to do in Gatlinburg include fishing. This area is home to rainbow, brown and brook trout. The streams go on for more than 700 miles.
4. Whitewater Rafting – Spend a few hours on the rapids. As you journey down the Big Pigeon River, you will feel a level of exhilaration like never before.
5. Birdwatchng – One of the more tranquil things to do in Gaitlinburg include viewing the 240 different species of birds. They fly freely throughout the air and dwell in the woods and mountains.
6. Rent a chalet – Instead of a hotel, try one of the Gatlinburg chalets. You have a few choices and they all have cozy features. It is like a home away from home.
7. Play Golf – Playing golf on the two challenging courses is different from anything you have ever experienced. The surrounding mountains offer exceptional landscapes.
8. Visit the Space Needle – Gatlinburg attractions also include visits to the Space Needle. You can take a ride in a glass elevator to the top of the observation area. Views from 400 feet are spectacular.
9. Go to the movies – The Motion Ride Movie Theater is extraordinary. It is a simulation where virtual reality rules. As the pictures move along the screen, you feel every bump and dive.
10. View the Waterfalls – The waterfalls in this are plentiful. Almost every river or stream has a waterfall. You can picnic by the water for an extra treat.