Top 10 Things To Do in Dubrovnik Croatia
For those interested in finding a little slice of heaven on earth, they need to look no further than the picturesque Croatian city of Dubrovnik. There are many things to do in Dubrovnik, ranging from stimulating merry-making to serene day-tripping. Located on Croatia’s Adriatic coast, Dubrovnik is a sparkling gem of a city, penned by writer George Bernard Shaw as “the pearl of the Adriatic.” Here is a list of top 10 things to do in Dubrovnik:
1. Explore Dubrovnik’s Old Town, a UNESCO world heritage site since 1979, and walk along its ancient preserved city walls.
2. Visit during the summer and take in the music and theater performances of the Dubrovnik Summer festival.
3. Take one of the guided Dubrovnik tours offered and brush up on the region’s fascinating history. Choose between a two and a half hour sightseeing tour or a four hour panorama tour.
4. Stay in one of the fine hotels in Dubrovnik for the full experience. Among its most well-known is the Rixos Dubrovnik, which offers its guests stunning sea-view rooms overlooking Dubrovnik.
5. Visit the square of Gunduliceva Poljana, the site of the busy local market and also the location of the eighteenth century-built Jesuit Monastery.
6. Many of the best things to do in Dubrovnik are free, and only involve taking a leisurely stroll. Walk along the ancient paving-stones of the Stradum, starting at the Onofrio Fountain and ending at the Orlando Column.
7. View the exhibits and ancient architecture of the Sponza Palace.
8. Plan a day-trip to the nearby Plivtice Lakes National Park and take in the breathtaking scenery of its sixteen lakes, inter-connected waterfalls, and majestic forestry.
9. Vacation in February and attend the Festival of St Blaise, also known as “City of Dubrovnik Day.”
10. Visit in May and watch the traditional dance ensemble Lindjo perform, and get your fill of drink and dance at the Dubrovnik Wine and Jazz Festival.
Plan to stay for a while, for you might just want to get lost among Dubrovnik’s historic ambiance. With all there is to do and see, you might never want to leave!