Top 10 Things To Do In Dublin For Kids
When planning any vacation, there may be a concern about what to do with the kids that will make their vacation fun for them. There are plenty of fun things to do in Dublin for kids and adults alike. Top ten things to do in Dublin for kids list is presented below for your information.
1. Adventure Center Dublin – This is an outdoor adventure center for kids of about ten and older. The kids will get a chance to enjoy zip lines obstacle courses, wall climbing, go carts and paintball.
2. Viking Adventure – When looking for fun things to do in Dublin, this is a must do! Kids and adults will get a real reenactment of Viking pillaging which is a major part of Irish history.
3. Kilmainham Gaol – Take a tour of this old prison and get a glimpse of how prisoners lived. During its operation, all prisoners were kept together, whether you stole some food to feed your family or you were a murderer. In addition to the prison, visitors will have access to the art gallery and their displays of sculptures, paintings and other exhibits.
4. Dublin Castle – This beautiful castle was built in 1204 and today consists of two museums, two café’s, two gardens as well as many government buildings.
5. National Gallery of Ireland – The three levels of this gallery are home to beautiful artwork from the 18th – 20th century. Visitors will marvel at the diversity of the art including Irish art, renaissance and baroque art.
6. Zoo of Dublin – Kids will love to spend a day visiting the Dublin Zoo with its many different animal exhibits including tigers, elephants and many more. This is definitely one of the most fun things to do in Dublin for kids.
7. Irish National Stud – This is a wonderful place for the entire family to spend the day. Visitors will enjoy watching the foals running with their mothers, the horse museum and the Japanese garden.
8. National Wax Museum – Unlike the museums in the United States you won’t find celebrities in wax. Instead you will find exhibits depicting Ireland’s history and culture including many of Irelands top scientists, writers a recording studio and video room.
9. Peoples Park – This park consists of many fun things to do including a playground and a market every Sunday where visitors will be able to find antiques, fresh fruit and vegetables and jewelry.
10. Malahide Castle Dublin – Visitors will marvel at this amazing castle which was occupied by the Talbots from 1185 until 1973 when the last one passed away. The castle is decorated with period furniture and artifacts. This is really one of the best things to do in Dublin!
It’s clear that there are many different things to do in Dublin for kids no matter where their interests lie.