Top 10 Things To Do in Denver For FREE!
You can find a multitude of free things to do in Denver while on vacation or even if it’s a quick, weekend getaway. This city is chock-full of exciting activities and attractions to keep even the most frugal visitor happy and entertained.
The top 10 free things to do in Denver are:
1. Denver Art Museum – Spending time in a museum is always one of the best things to do in Denver, but this specific museum is a real treat. They offer all types of activities, including a Digital Gallery filled with games.
2. Observatory Open House – One of the best things to do around Denver is to visit the Observatory during their open house in Northglenn, CO. It’s only about 10 miles outside of Denver and here, you can spend hours, gazing at the stars.
3. Southwest Rink at Skyline Park – During the winter months, one of the free things to do in Denver include, ice skating at Skyline Park. It’s a great way to spend time with your family, just remember to pack your skates.
4. Red Rocks Park – Another one of the top free things to do in Denver is to spend a few hours at the Red Rocks Park. It’s not really a park, but rather an amphitheater shaped and formed from red rocks. If you sit at the top, you will have a view of the Denver skyline.
5. Dinosaur Ridge – This is a wonderful choice for free things to do in Denver. It’s a place to discover paleontology. There are all sizes of dinosaur tracks that show you just how diverse these animals really were, so long ago.
6. Hammonds Candies Tour – Out of all of the free things to do in Denver, this is probably the most fun for those with a sweet tooth. You will watch sugar melt and learn the fine art of candy making. You also have the opportunity to sample a few treats.
7. Attend some festivals – By checking the event calendar, you can find dozens of free festivals all year long. Some of the more popular include the Cinco de Mayo Celebrate Culture Festival and the Cherry Creek Arts Festival. During December, check out the Parade of Lights, which includes free horse-drawn carriage rides down 16th Street.
8. Go for a walk – The two most popular and paths will take you along the Platte River or Cherry Creek. Both provide excellent photo opportunities and will keep you fit.
9. Take a ride on the Trolley – One of the fun things to do in Denver is hopping aboard the 16th Street Trolley. The trolley takes you down 15 blocks in the downtown area, which allows you to spy restaurants, specialty shops and all kinds of street entertainers. This will give you a great idea of where you want to go exploring.
10. Denver Mint tours – A tour of the Denver Mint will show you how they make U.S. currency. It is one of the most interesting things you can witness. You will see paper money being printed as well as coins.