When planning a trip to Mexico, one of the best destinations is Cozumel. This is an island that is alive with culture, history and nightlife. There are many fun things to do in Cozumel. It is best to plan ahead so that you know exactly what you plan on doing during your stay. For this reason we have compiled a list of the top ten things to do in Cozumel.
1. Island Tours – There are many tours offered such as tours by horseback, jeep and ATV. This is one of the best ways to see all that Cozumel has to offer. This is a great option if you are looking for things to do in Cozumel on a cruise.
2. A Day at the Beach – No trip to Cozumel is complete without spending at least a day at the beach. Cozumel has many wonderful beaches that offer plenty of swimming, snorkeling, water skiing and kayaking. When looking for things to do in Cozumel, this should be at the top of your list.
3. Museo de la Isla – This is a popular museum depicting the history and natural environment of Cozumel.
4. Chankanaab National Park – This is definitely one of the best things to do in Cozumel. Visitors can spend the day at this natural park with its own lagoon where they can snorkel and swim.
5. Discover Mexico – This is a great park that presents Mexico’s different history periods with models representing Mexico’s archaeological sites and buildings.
6. Nightlife – Visit one of the many popular and hip hot spots such as Senor Frogs, Carlos ‘n’ Charlies or Hard Rock Café to name just a few.
7. Kayaking – There are many beaches that offer great kayaking options. There are also many acrylic transparent kayaks so that kayakers may see the marine life up close.
8. Climbing Adventure Park – this is a great park for the entire family where visitors can use the climbing walls, zip lines, abseiling towers as well as the beach club with snorkeling. This is one of the most popular things to do in Cozumel if you have children or you enjoy extreme sports yourself.
9. Sailing – Rent a sailboat to visit one of the many coral reefs and lagoons.
10. Faro Celarain Eco Park – This is the largest ecological reserve in all of Cozumel where visitor will marvel at the many exotic birds, crocodiles, iguanas and giant turtles.
Whether you are on vacation for just a couple days or longer, you will find that there are plenty of great things to do in Cozumel for the entire family.